FM2009 - Classic TV View is quite jittery :/

Purchased FM2009 last night off Steam and first thing that struck me was how fast it was! This game seems to go by in a blur - something i was particular grateful for given my 2.4 P4 with 1GB Memory and geforce TI4200 Graphics card. However the classic 2D View is quite jittery...sort of like it was with FML, except with FML that was downloading the data so I excused it for that.

Is this just how it is with FM2009? Do I need to go back to FM2008 if I want to watch a smooth game?

How many leagues and on what detail level are you running and what other stuff do you have running at the same time as FM?

I notice from reading your original post again that you only have 1gb ram which isn't all that much by todays standards especially if you've got other things running at the same time as fm. I would suggest that you invest in at least another 1GB ram for your computer. As for your graphics card well unfortunately there are just some graphics cards that are not really suitable for fm. This problem should be better when FM2010 is released next month so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. You can perhaps mention your problems in the bugs forum and maybe someone will have a better sollution for your problems.

Not on mine there isnt :( I'm using the Turnstyle skin...maybe it's not on there? Will try the default one.

I'v taken a number of steps to try and improve the 2D Match Engine (everythign else is fine!)

* Got rid of 3D Kits of team overview

* Put detail level to minimum

* Adjusted virtual memory to 2.5 times my memory.

It's made the match slightly better (it seems), but I reckon it's flawed anyway when it comes to the smoothness of it because FM2008 was superb. Smooth as can be, so why intentionally make it more jittery in FM2009?

I just started a new game with the bare minimum of leagues based on my recommended setup and set the database to small.

Now the only problem I'm having with the game is the 2D View. So I decided to have a tinker....

I decided to put the game in my monitors native resolution...supported in FM (1440x900) and...it seemed to work to a degree.

So I changed it to 1024x768 and the joy!! It works! The game is as smooth as FM2008! Except the game now looks rubbish :/

So is there anything I can do to my graphic driver properties to run it in 1440 resolution but have it smooth as FM2008 - whcih is somethign i can achieve with 1024x768 resolution.

Im running

England - League 2 and Up

Spain - La Liga

Italy - Seria B and Up

Scotland - Division 1 and up.

I think I'm running 9 leagues in all. Really disappointed that the 2D View is not smooth like it was in FM2008.

Also annoys me how it automatically loads of TV View too.

For that amount of leagues I would still suggest that you get more ram.

Archived