Created a decent team looking at Newcastle, (scored loads, conceded even more). Has anybody tried anything similar?

Just for laughs I spent an hour or so trying to buy a squad capable of winning the League with Newcastle a few days back. Gave myself the maximum budget and ended up with the following first team squad:

Lehman (with Given being injured)

Beye

Matthieu

Lescott

Samba

van der Vaart

Pedretti

Farfan

Arshavin

Gourcuff

Martins

I've been using my favorite 4-2-3-1 formation, which has won numerous leagues with other top clubs and is really simple to tweak for individual players. Good enough first team, no?

What I have noticed in the few games I've played (about 6-7 off the top of my head) is that despite me scoring an amazing number of goals (5 at Derby, 4 at Chelsea, 3 at Manchester United), the opposition usually manage to score more - despite me dominating them. In particular Manchester United and Chelsea.

I assume that Newcastle defensive rating will be pretty poor and this is resulting in the amazing number of goals I'm conceeding, in order to balance out the number of goals I'm scoring.

So yeah, pretty obviously my tactics, but has anybody tried anything along those lines and got similar initial results.

DISCLAIMER - I am aware that I haven't completed enough games for this to be a valid critism of the game in any way what so ever. Oh, and this is not a brag either. Oh and I cba with providing evidence either.

Just for laughs I spent an hour or so trying to buy a squad capable of winning the League with Newcastle a few days back. Gave myself the maximum budget and ended up with the following first team squad:

Lehman (with Given being injured)

Beye

Matthieu

Lescott

Samba

van der Vaart

Pedretti

Farfan

Arshavin

Gourcuff

Martins

I've been using my favorite 4-2-3-1 formation, which has won numerous leagues with other top clubs and is really simple to tweak for individual players. Good enough first team, no?

What I have noticed in the few games I've played (about 6-7 off the top of my head) is that despite me scoring an amazing number of goals (5 at Derby, 4 at Chelsea, 3 at Manchester United), the opposition usually manage to score more - despite me dominating them. In particular Manchester United and Chelsea.

I assume that Newcastle defensive rating will be pretty poor and this is resulting in the amazing number of goals I'm conceeding, in order to balance out the number of goals I'm scoring.

So yeah, pretty obviously my tactics, but has anybody tried anything along those lines and got similar initial results.

DISCLAIMER - I am aware that I haven't completed enough games for this to be a valid critism of the game in any way what so ever. Oh, and this is not a brag either. Oh and I cba with providing evidence either.

There's nothing you can do really. The strikers are too clinical and the game creates too many quality chances. Just work on your offense, buy a superkeeper (one with higher reflexes/handling), and maybe try playing a more possession-oriented game with a high line, which counterintuitively works quite well (assuming you keep possession!).

Archived