Brazilian work permit issue!!

Ok cool - Applied to a feeder in argentina atm...also spain sounds a good shout.

He's still got a year on his contract so i'll probs try get him out asap

Anyone know why the work permit's been rejected after i've had him for 2 years, how come i was able to sign him originally?

A feeder club in Argentina won't do him much good getting an EU passport...

Work permit rules are fairly complicated, they must have played in 75% of international games they were eligible for in the past 2 years, or be recognized as an exceptional talent. Perhaps he was seen as a bigger talent when you signed him than he is now, and he isn't playing enough internationals.

Or Spain it only takes two years for a South American to get Spainish nationality. While he is out on loan keep trying to offer him a new contract every so often as there is a chance it could go through.

Actually its a bit more than 2 years. At the end of the 2 years where it mentions 2nd nationality it will have something along the lines of 'Awaiting completion of the paperwork' or something like that so keep an eye on that for a few weeks. As soon as this changes to spain as second nationality then you'll be able to recall the player. One thing you should remember though is that sometimes a player will not apply for second nationality and theres nothing you can do about this. Hopefully that situation is a bit better to deal with in FM2010.

Anyone know why the work permit's been rejected after i've had him for 2 years, how come i was able to sign him originally?

I always wondered about that myself. We can sign him without a work permit but we cant extend his contract. I dont know if there are specific rules that forbid this, but to me it smells like a bug.

I always wondered about that myself. We can sign him without a work permit but we cant extend his contract. I dont know if there are specific rules that forbid this, but to me it smells like a bug.

You can sign players without a work permit (Arsenal did this with Carlos Vela in real life, I think). In FM, you can do it if you have a feeder team in an EU country that doesn't require them (Belgium, Poland, etc.)

You can sign players without a work permit (Arsenal did this with Carlos Vela in real life, I think). In FM, you can do it if you have a feeder team in an EU country that doesn't require them (Belgium, Poland, etc.)

In the game you can still sign him without WP and without a feeder club that doesn't require them. You just wont be allowed to play them in compedititve matches. In real life what would happen is that players would have to remain in their home country, unless they could be loaned out to a country that doesn't requiare WPs.

I hate work permits. :D

But we have to have them.

Not really! You could always use an editor like fmrte and change all south american nations so that they are part of the eu. Cheating I know but it would work.

You can't renew the existing contract because UK laws check if the player has played for %75 of the national team matches in last 2 (or 3, or more, or less, can't remember) years for which he was eligible. So he may have played in all 5 of the 5 Brazilian U21 matches, but as he got older and now the senior manager does not select him, he may have not played in the 8 of the 10 national matches.

So he may have played in all 5 of the 5 Brazilian U21 matches, but as he got older and now the senior manager does not select him, he may have not played in the 8 of the 10 national matches.

Under 21 matches don't count towards eligibility for a work permit only full internationals.

Archived