Ridiculous amount of crashes!!

Ok, this is the 6th time in the past few weeks FM09 has crashed after a match has finished. I spend about an hour on each game and really go in depth and watch the game in full detail, just to have it all go to waste as the game decides to crash at full time with the error meassage: "FM09 has stopped working"

This is so frustrating and not good enough for it to be this unstable. Is it a Vista problem as I can't remember it ever crashing on XP. Is there anything I can do as it makes the whole game a waste of time and unplayayble like this.

If downloading the latest patch hasn't helped then post your system spec and it might give a better indication of the problem. It might also be a good idea to check that you have the latest versions of both Java and direct x. What other programs do you have running at the same time as fm? Finally do a virus and spyware scan and then check your hard drive for errors.

Patched up, recently dowloaded latest Java and up to date Direct X

I have been using the Game booster programme but that switches more programmes off so wouldn't expect that to cause problems?

System specs :

Dual Core Athlon 64 6000+ 3ghz

2gig RAM

Nvidia Geforce 9500gt 512mb graphics card.

Maybe I will try without the Game booster running see if it makes a difference.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now. I've been playing it fine for a full season, now at the end of the season after my last 6 matches it has crashed after every match. As soon as I press continue after the game it freezes and crashes back to desktop. To make it worse I am one of these players who takes a lot of time over each match and I have just waste ANOTHER hour or so tweaking my tactics gaining a hard fought vistory and winning the play offs. The thing I can't work out is that I'm not doing anything different from previously so why would it just start now?

I had a problem with FM08 & FM09 where at the end of the season it would take nearly 2 hours to process and then continue as if nothing happened. I went away to watch a film and on returning after the film had ended it was still processing.

I have a very up to date PC and only run English, Scottish & French leagues. Every year we are told that the game is quicker but I have to dissagree. I think the code needs re working from the ground up to make any kind of difference.

I just wish SI and other game manufacturers too would stop releasing games too early.

I had a problem with FM08 & FM09 where at the end of the season it would take nearly 2 hours to process and then continue as if nothing happened. I went away to watch a film and on returning after the film had ended it was still processing.

I have a very up to date PC and only run English, Scottish & French leagues. Every year we are told that the game is quicker but I have to dissagree. I think the code needs re working from the ground up to make any kind of difference.

that's a very simplistic view I'm afaid. With new technology and rewritting chunks of code, it's more than possible to significantly improve processing time.

The other thing to consider is that just because it doesn't run faster it doesn't mean it's not faster. Remember the games got more complex as well.

I'm sure that If the current game was run with the old optimisation it would beuch slower

Not sure why it took so long at the end of the seasons for you though. Unless some one else could shed some light?

Archived