How do you decide who plays?

Im just started my first game and i am playing as wolves, and i cant decide who should play ;/

Do i pick the players with better CA? or do i just use the in game comparison tool? then theirs all these other facters to consider like morale, form, condition, match fitess and how good they are in that position.

I find myself examining their stats for literily 30+mins and still cant decide!

What factors are the most important? and what facters do you base ur selection on?

Form is the main one, however if it's a young player of 16-18 I tend to try and ease them into and out of the team.

I slowly build their form up, increasing their time over a month, then give them a few consecutive starts and then slowly decrease their minutes.

Similarly if a young player has taken a senior player's place because the senior player was injured, I'll slowly reintroduce the senior player, no matter the form of the young player.

This is all assuming all the players have the basic attributes to do at least moderately well. If there's a huge gap in CA and I'm not trying to blood a youngster I'll just go for the clearly better player as long as the weaker player isn't on a rating 8-9+ streak that I see Leon Osman do now and again from centre-mid :p

I just do it by attributes mainly then as we get into the season, form. Sometimes i bring in fitness and sometimes age. If someone is 16 17 or 18 then they shouldnt play every game but slowly brought into the first team. Also if players are getting on, 33 34 35 and older, then they shouldnt play every game because of fitness and there performances drop

For me the opposition is the most important factor. If I know they have big centre backs for example I tend to play quick/tricky forwards.

Form is also important but sometimes I feel it gives us the wrong idea. Using the above example, had I played my slow-ish 15 for jumping forward against 2 18+ centre backs then he'll probably have a bad game. Same with using a slow winger against a fast full back.

It's worked well for me so far.

I always get the ass man to do it, then change if I feel necessary.

:thup:

This also gives some indication on what players doing well in training the last week I think (indicating form). Sometimes the ass man suggests a player not been on the first 11 for a time, usually I find that these players often performs very well if given the chance. The downside of ass man selections are strange positional selections (player selected vs position given).

I have the players who I consider my starting 11 and I make sure they are always fresh for the big matches. I decide on who is the best by looking at their coach reports; usually my coaches tell me who is the best in each position. If there is no difference between two players then I look at their form. If it is a big match then I will pick the player with "plays well in big matches".

Archived