Assman believes you should look to offload in near future...

Enj

How often do you trust this? Say if hes talking about a 17 year old youngster, do you persevere to see how he gets along? Or do you just release or try to sell players who have this?

I mainly ask because usually on fm I play as Liverpool, and despite the large amounts of talent and, quite frankly, the number of youngsters at the club, whenever I look at the coach reports for these players, I only ever find 2 or 3 out of 50 or more players who he says are worth keeping. Is this not just a bit realistic? I mean, I'm not expecting every player to be the next Ronaldo, but surely there should be a few more players than this who are worth hanging onto, especially as the youth training areas at Liverpool are as good as they are, meaning there should be good scope for improvement.

I know many of you will probably tell me that I can judge how good a player is through the PA and CA on the editor, or genii scout, or whatever, but I don't like using these so much as I prefer to just play the game as it is. I would appreciate any comments, but I would be particularly interested in the opinions of those people who don't use any tools such as the ones noted to see these things.

Thanks

The thing is, in real life it is only 2 or 3 who ever actually make it, currently the only ones in the Liverpool team who've made it all the way are Gerrard and Carragher, sure some get to be on the fringes of the first team and will make a few appearances but more often than not they get sold/released and end up plying their trade at a lower level.

As for the assman advice i take it into consideration along with their current stats and how they've been performing in the reserves/out on loan.

I do consider the advice and quite often act on it. However I make sure my Ass Man has good Judging Player Ability and Judging Potential Potential attributes. The higher the JPA/JPP attribrutes the more likely the info is to be correct.

I once signed this regen when he was 16 and he was playing for Spain's and for my club's under 18 team. At the time he turned 18, I checked the ass man report and he said I should sell him in a near future.

As his stats weren't so good at the time, his contract ran out and he left the club to sign for Villarreal. After 2 and a half years there he was bought by Real Madrid for £33M. He is now valued at £45M and is one of the best strikers in the game.

Needless to say, my ass man has not been sees for quite some time...;)

I like to believe that my youth system made him the player the he is now... :(

I don't always trust it but like others said look at his judging ability. I played with Stockport for a while and one of the u18 strikers was deemed not good enough by my assman. I kept him anyway and it paid off. I brought him in late on for his debut, he scored. I then sent him out on loan and he did very well, but he was at Hyde if that helps.

Most of the others though I let go. Especially in the BSS/BSN you'll rarely find a good youth player. Most have attributes of 1.

I tend to make a judgement on a player based on a number of things such as ass mans opinion, how good the player is for his age, and how much he has developed in the past year. I always keep young players until their original contracts expire to give them a proper chance, as opposed to writing them off at 16 as my ass man doesn't rate them then.

I'll normally persevere with young players the ass man rates as 3 star or more potential until they don't appear to be developing further and they're not good enough to be in the first team squad.

I usually take the ass man's opinion with a pinch of salt unless the youngster has 1's and 2's for most of his attributes.

It's quite hard for ass man's and scouts to give accurate assessments on players just starting their careers.

Normally with good coaching and a bit of 1st team exposure with one of your affiliated clubs, the player will improve to a level where you can assess whether he'll make it or not. If he won't make it and you sell him, you should be able to re-coup any wages paid.

However, I've rarely found the ass man to be completely wrong about a player - although I have found a couple that have turned out to be decent squad players.

I loan the young players out as often as I can. When they're about 20 or 21 they start becoming good. If they're good enough to get into the team then they will play by asking the assistant manager to pick the team. Or this what gets me, you ask the ass man to pick the team and he leaves the 20 year old on the bench. But if you go on holiday for that game and let the ass man pick the team, he then picks a different team than when you asked him the first time.

Try it, you'll be amazed how different the team looks when the ass man takes control of the team, even you specify to use your current tactics.

But anyway, if the young player is not in the first team by the time he's 23 then he needs to be offloaded, and I usually sell them for their current price with a 50% of the next sale clause.

Every now and then, about 5 seasons on, a player gets sold on for €40 - €60 million and I get €20m - €30m from that.

But most time it's getting €1m here and €3m there. But it helps the finances of the club and that one season you need to make a big signing and there isn't coffers there, and all of a sudden you rake in €30m from a sell on clause it's very happy days.

Archived