Wants a new challenge

Now I understand players wanting a new challenge as their career comes to an end but in my Inter save its the other way around.

I have a few players in my squad, now aged 23-25, who all want a new challenge. Problem is they were all on loan from 19-22y, so they have played for me for 1 - 2 years as squad players. Now when im ready to stick them in my first team they all want a new challenge!

Granted I have won every title on offer for the past 6 years but thats not because of them because they werent there or just like i said just squad players. But none of my senior players wants a new challenge.

This is annoying because for the first seasons i bought like crazy, got my self a good squad and then I starting focusing on bring up players through my youth ranks. Now that has all come undone.

Any advice?

Depends on your policy for dealing with unhappy players, whether you sell immediately or not. There are many more fish in the sea, I've managed to replace players quite easily who I doubted there would be a similarly good replacement for. Anyway players are idiots, had one player want to leave because he felt he had achieved all he could with me, fair enough except that season I was an FA cup final away from a quintuple, so exactly what did he think he could do with anyone else that he couldn't with me? Well aside from the FA cup, but somehow I doubt a player would move just to ensure that, and he'd won it with me in another season anyway. I used to be very stubborn with unhappy players and keep them regardless in the hope they'd eventually sign a new deal but recently I realized selling a season before the end of their contracts (if they didn't want to renew) was a better idea, so I'd keep them until then if you want to make good use of them but like I said it depends on how you deal with that situation, its one of those things which people just deal with differently so there's no definitive 'right' or 'wrong' way.

But my players dont want to sign new contracts and im not going to dish out key player status left right and center because they feel like they contributed a whole lot because they didnt!

This is quite annoying and i dont understand why this is happening.

Try transfer listing them for a while with a high asking price.

Usually their concerns or whatever it is changes from wants a new challenge to wants to prove himself.

Remove them from the transfer list then offer them a new contract.

Doesn't always work though. I don't know what factors lead to the sudden change of heart.

yeah i had a similar problem. either offer a contract they will say they dont want one but if you give them extra money and are willing and maybe raise there squad level they will accept and it will go away. or transfer list them for a month or two and they might change to doesnt want to leave the team. if you remove he might say happy to be at the team. if all that fails then there pretty dead set on leaving and i guess its up to you with what you do to them

Easy. Once they want a new challenge I transfer list them and ship them out. No player is bigger than the team. All footballers are replaceable. (if not, several footballers together will provide adequate cover :))

Keeping them actually harms my club performance...

And bardock's idea works too. :thup:

I have the exact same policy as rancer890. If a player want's a new challenge then he can go and find it. I want players who want to play for me, any other players are not worth the time for me. When I play to develop youth, I'll always loan them out till they are 18-19 and then bring them into the first team and start rotating them in the smaller games and having them tutored. When they get to 21-22 they generally have a fair few of my older playes listed as their favoured personal and the team is their favoured team which generally plays down the chance that they will "want a new challenge".

I also tend to re-evaluate my younger players each season and give new contracts to the one's who did really well, which will again stop them wanting new challenge's as often.

If Im a big club Ill pretty much sell anyone anytime on the basis that finding replacements is easy. If Im a slightly lesser club ill do everything I can to hold onto a (key) player, including dancing with glee as they break their legs 7 months from their contract running out (whos gonna sign you now?!?!?!)

When players start creating a fuss i try to destroy them. Morale wise and technically. Constant criticism and hard training regimes for anyone who doesnt tow my party line muhahaha, also it ensures they dont really fulfil any kind of retribution if i end up playing against them in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
Transfer list the player with a very high asking price. Then offer him to clubs. If you receive no offers, the player will be happy again in a couple of days. This works for any player who wants to move.

Apart from mine :(

Never heard of this 'cheat' before but it certainly isn't working with my unhappy player.

Archived