Finally got a new stadium, then....

Hi all,

Long story short, Blackpool, 2017, Premier League, Euro regualars, new 77,000 seat stadium named after me.

All was going so well. Just moved into the new stadium, but have started the new season and we are only playing home champions league ties at the new stadium. All other games are being played at the 12,000 capacity Bloomsfield Road.

Anyone had this happen to them and is there a way of sorting this out?

Eagerly awaiting responses

I had the same thing happen to me (on 2007) when I was manager at Brighton, despite having a new stadium we still played in the old one.

The next season we played in the new stadium though so it was just a one season thing...

So next season you should be fine :thup:

I had the same thing happen to me (on 2007) when I was manager at Brighton, despite having a new stadium we still played in the old one.

The next season we played in the new stadium though so it was just a one season thing...

I've seen this exact thing happen, it's like the game programs the fixtures before the stadium move, and doesn't change them.

I've seen this exact thing happen, it's like the game programs the fixtures before the stadium move, and doesn't change them.

That would probably make sense actually :thup:

League schedule is created on the season update day, probably before a stadium move is finalised and the Cup games are created throughout the year and scheduled to play at the new stadium.

Looks like a bug actually, some better coding would probably get around it.

Hi all,

Long story short, Blackpool, 2017, Premier League, Euro regualars, new 77,000 seat stadium named after me.

All was going so well. Just moved into the new stadium, but have started the new season and we are only playing home champions league ties at the new stadium. All other games are being played at the 12,000 capacity Bloomsfield Road.

Anyone had this happen to them and is there a way of sorting this out?

Eagerly awaiting responses

Is this on FM2009? Iirc this was a known issue on an earlier version.

This happened to me in my West Ham game. The stadium move was a couple of days after the new fixtures for the new season were generated. It was OK the following season. Definitely a bug!

I'm using FM09, it must be a bug then. I was really looking foward to getting into the new stadium. It took me a few games to even realise we weren't in there.

Come to think of it, Prem Lg fixtures are decided before by stadium was finished (25/06). Champions legaue fixtures are decided much later if I remember correctly.

Oh well, another season here I come.

Thanks all for your replies. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have just got to this point as well (months not playing the game). It's all a bit of a farce to be honest. Have sold just over 15,000 season tickets then find i'm still at the withdean, so only 8800 people can watch a game.

just wondered if there is a starting line say 2 miles away from the ground and when the starting pistol goes it's a race to see who gets in or not. (rules state: only horses,bikes or your own 2 feet can be used in the race) !!!

I'm using FM09, it must be a bug then. I was really looking foward to getting into the new stadium. It took me a few games to even realise we weren't in there.

Come to think of it, Prem Lg fixtures are decided before by stadium was finished (25/06). Champions legaue fixtures are decided much later if I remember correctly.

Oh well, another season here I come.

Thanks all for your replies. :)

Why is this bug not fixed in the latest patch???

It's a part bug, part rules.

Clubs are not allowed to change their home stadium mid season unless they have notified the FA/League prior to the season starting of their forthcoming move, or due to exceptional circumstances (for example, a stadium becoming severely damaged through no fault of the club's).

However, the game should have been programmed to accomodate this, if a club is building a stadium, then the game should have the club inform the FA/League of their forthcoming move.

Well done OP. My new stadium was named after the Club :(

80,000 seater for a N. Ireland club, however, is pretty decent :D

....and unrealistic.

I expect my Dorchester board to announce a new stadium plan any day now. Sell out every weekend....equally as unrealistic i know.

Archived