Most goals from a midfielder

*Probably featuring player naming*

As it says in the title basically, what's the most goals that you've had a midfielder score in a season? I ask this as I've just had a midfielder have an amazing season, and score more goals than most of my strikers have in a season for any club on FM09. On most other games, I've struggled to have a striker score 20 goals in a season, then this guy does this...

53 games, 32 goals

Proof he played MC all season

A fantastic performance, especially from a 33 year old!

I wish I had my laptop right now :( - I've got records like this saved :D

IIRC, I had a midfielder score 50+ goals for me in a season, back in the mid 2020's, when I was playing 4-5-1 to force through Paul Wallace' final goals to get the 1,000

When I get my lappy back, I'll have the exact figures

Steven Gerrard bagged 43 goals in 62 games for me at Liverpool. Not quite as impressive as the original poster's tale though, I guess, since he played in an AMC position, and took penalties when he played. Still, I think once you factor in the 18 assists and 18 man of the match awards, plus the fact that he got 16 goals in 16 appearances in the Champions League and Club World Championship.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss121/brod104/gerrard43goals.jpg

I signed a player called Alex to Zaragoza once.. from the AMC position he scored roughly 35 goals in the first season. 25 in the league and was the league topscorer.. Sadly he failed to continue his goalscoring in the next season.. :(

On my Villa save, the team played in a 4-4-2 and both center midfielders had 18+ "Long Shots".

Apart from the normal plays, I usually had the more defensive midfielder to stay outside the box on corners.

Might not be a record, but combined, they would score 20-25 goals per season.:thup:

I had Buonanotte playing AMC for West Ham, had a good first season as a left winger but in that role he just used to score in every game, and had about 24 goals in 20 games. All tap-ins, he just seemed to pop up in the right place all the time. Strangely, i'd have a lot of games where he'd bang two in early and not do anything else for the whole match. He *never* got hat-tricks. Then, we were playing Chelsea in the middle of the season, and he scored 2 early goals, and I thought 'maybe I should take him off.' I did. While I was waiting for him to come off, Essien broke his leg and Berbatov ended up top scorer.

Archived