Bringing in Youngsters

It depends how good your squad is. At FC Bayern was reasonably confident of doing well in the league so I could afford to play at least one youth team player every match to get experience, now i'm at Stuttgart and there is no way I would do that because the rest of the squad is too weak to carry them.

As turn it up says, tutoring is a must, but only if done properly and loaning out is a good idea, but only if they are going to be getting more games there than they would with your club.

Tutoring is a very good idea IMO.

So is sending them out on loan for a season, normally I only accept loans is 'they will become a valuable member of the first team' on the offer.

Also, when they become 18 or so, start using them on the odd occasion in first team, only as subs, and make sure they are not overworked.

If they play well, be sure to praise them in the media, I've always found that keeps the morale and performances steady.

Also, if they play poorly, be sure not to criticise too harshly, as this could wreck their morale.

Mainly I use the 'no pressure' team-talk to a youngster on his debut or if he starts a game that he wouldn't normally.

Thats about all I can think of, hope that helps.

If you have great training facilities and coaches, then try and keep them with your club when they are young until their growth slows. Once their technical attributes become maxed out, it is time to get them into some first team action to help their mental attributes. At this point the key factor is getting into a side that is comparable to their current level of ability, and ideally having success on that side. I find that sending a player on loan to a team that will get beat badly is not very useful and can sometimes harm the player. If you can't find a suitable loan then keep them around and find first team places occasionally for them until you can get them out on loan to a good team.

The 2 things you don't want to do is loan them or play them in a league that is well below their standards, and loan them to a losing team. Both will only hurt their growth.

Archived