Need help immediatly

Need help!!!

I need help with installing football manager 2008 on my pc, when I insert the disk it comes up installanywhere , then when that finishes it says "please choose another folder to extract to". When I try to choose a folder it just keeps sayin the same thing, any1 know what's the problem and how to help?

Much appreciated, help needed asap

If you're on Vista or Windows 7, right click the setup icon on the disk and press 'Run as Administrator'.

I am on windows xp, I haven't got a set up button to click yet, when I insert the disk it doesn't load up fm it loads up some installanywhere thing and I don't know what it is or what to do

I have a possible solution but I don't have FM08 to try it out.

Try and install the game and wait until you are asked to select another location. Instead of choosing one, goto temp folder - found at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp.

There will likely be a folder in there with the setup file in. You could take a look and run any setup files you find - if it pops up as an FM installer, then you have the right one. I would do this for you so I could be more precise but I don't have a copy of FM08 around anymore.

You need to replace the 'Administrator' part with your username, sorry I didn't make that clear. If you've done that (or you are Administrator), you probably have hidden files on.

To see hidden files:

On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Note To access Windows Explorer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.

Where have you checked? There will probably be a a bunch of folders and it will be in one of those. You may need to run any setup files you do find to find the FM08 one, also make sure you have the installer open at the error.

If not, I don't have any ideas, assuming you updated your java.

Archived