Tutoring

Enj

I apologise if this is not the right place to put this thread, but I would like to know if there are any limits to 'successful tutoring'. What I mean is, is tutoring a case of 'the more, the better', in that if more of your first team are tutoring more and more youngsters, does this help, or can it have adverse effects at all. For example, if over half of your squad are tutoring players, does that have an adverse effect on team chemistry or something like that?

Also, is it a good idea to make new signings tutor new players, even if they are world class players, or is it a more sensible idea to let them settle into the team first before you ask them to tutor a younger player? For example, if Liverpool were to sign, say, van der Vaart (only an example! :D), would it be sensible to make him start tutoring a member of the reserves straight away or would it make more sense to let him perhaps spend a season at the club before getting him into tutoring?

Thanks for any feedback :thup:

The only real downsides to tutoring are if you have a clash of personalities. This can lead to players disliking each other and even to players wanting to leave. So be careful, I've found some players that always upset people when I try and use them as tutors, so if you find that then stay away from these players.

The other downside can be the player being tutored can learn some moves that you would perhaps not want them to learn. For example, if the older player has 'Argues with officials' and use them as a tutor, the younger player may pick this up as well.

Apart from that I can think of no other downsides to tutoring.

Just try to assign youngsters a tutor who a) has a similar personality and, b) speaks the same language/is same nationality (even so, these are not vitally important). But like Chopper99 said, the only real downside is they occasionally fall out. Sadly there is no way of knowing who will get on with who before you assign a tutor, you just have to hope all goes well.

Just try to assign youngsters a tutor who a) has a similar personality and, b) speaks the same language/is same nationality (even so, these are not vitally important). But like Chopper99 said, the only real downside is they occasionally fall out. Sadly there is no way of knowing who will get on with who before you assign a tutor, you just have to hope all goes well.

Needs way more thought than that.

Determination is an easy personality trait to start with as you can see what it is.

If a tutee has a higher determination than the tutor it will go down to eventually match the tutor's level. So a fairly determined tutor is not good for a determined tutee for instance.

Likewise a professional tutee will suffer if the tutor does not have a similar high level of professionalism.

There are other considerations for instance: If you are playing with a lower league club increasing ambition may not be a good thing while increasing loyalty may help you keep the player.

Archived