Mirror Football Blog 3

"We've also added in feedback when players have poor motivation for a bunch of different reasons, like disliking the captain, the pressure of scouts coming to watch him, or even if he dislikes you, with suggestions on how to fix it. "

Awesome!!

The third screenshot says "has made improvements to his work rate over the last one months."

I noticed that as well but surely its a minor issue and not going to spoil anyone's enjoyment of the game.

It sounds very exciting. I imagine a staff member with a very low scouting knowledge giving you some advices : sign this player he is fantastic! And of course you decide to follow him and sign the worst player ever.

The grammar error is just something that was missed and could probably be ammended in a few minutes.

I'd still like to see some actual advice given.

"Forest Green Rovers score most of their goals between X and X minutes" and then some actual advice such as: "Your Assistant Manager Joe Bloggs reccomends playing cautiously for the first 20mins to counter the threat".

Some simple practical advice needs to be added.

so basicly, the lower the team is in the tiers, the lousier the ass man's advice?

Well I'd imagine it's based on their ability. So if you had a world class coach at a lower league club they'd give much better advice than a very poor coach at a top club.

• SI Staff
so basicly, the lower the team is in the tiers, the lousier the ass man's advice?

Not in the backroom advice. It was felt that it was unfair to penlise players in the lower leagues by them not receiving the full range of advice. To have good knowledge of one of the six areas in the lower leagues requires a lower level than in the higher leagues. Meaning just because a staff member has good recruitment knowledge when at a club in non league doesn't mean he will have good knowledge if you took him to a club higher up. This also means a staff member with poor recruitment knowledge in the top league could still have good knowledge to cope in the lower leagues.

Hope this makes sense.

idea is good but just looking at the screenshots maybe its a bit of a fiddly in the long term to have each little piece of advice on its own page like a news article? its a bit of a step back from last year when all the information such as scouting/coach reports has a lot of the same information on a single page that you could easily scan through.

just a thought.

What a horrible horrible visual display of a website that is!!

Clutter everywhere and destroys the article.

agree, but i bet you dont see it like i do :

add1.th.png

add2s.th.jpg

poor website full of clutter and doesn't respect the web standards i saw its html code and its darn mess

• SI Staff
idea is good but just looking at the screenshots maybe its a bit of a fiddly in the long term to have each little piece of advice on its own page like a news article? its a bit of a step back from last year when all the information such as scouting/coach reports has a lot of the same information on a single page that you could easily scan through.

just a thought.

Originally each staff member had there own report. But in testing it was found that the useful information was lost, instead the short seperate advice get straight to the point. The advice needs to be individual as well so the action buttons can be present as well.

Sorry to be so negative but can you not just post the blogs here as well rather than spam us by forcing us to go to another site that's full of ads?

EDIT: actually i'll do it for you as there can be no other reason making us go there other than to have adverts forced upon us.

(re-edited by Miles - please don't do that!)

That is an abortion of a website.

SI and SEGA seriously need to rethink their marketing strategy as this looks very badly on them (even though I am aware it has nothing to do with them)

Alright so the website is a little shoddy - but at least this year the blogs are going up on time and the site hasn't crashed yet. Personally I think it's much more functional and well organised this year.

Originally each staff member had there own report. But in testing it was found that the useful information was lost, instead the short seperate advice get straight to the point. The advice needs to be individual as well so the action buttons can be present as well.

i see your point but main concern is just that from the screenshots, there looks like there are just loads of these little advice pieces to go through. Maybe its a good idea to have a crib sheet with the overview of advice (in the style of FM09 player coach/scout reports) so you can have a quick gander at it pre-match, and then the option to go into a detailed view like the screenshots?

Because as it is, it looks like we're going to have to aimlessly browse through 10+ pages about the opponent every single time we want some advice. Sorry for moaning, it looks potentially like a very good prematch tool, but multiple pages already proved itself incredibly tiresome very quickly with the Press conferences feature in FM09. (which lead to most people letting the assistant handle conferences, which in turn led to the problem with the assistants demotivating the team all the time with crap answers)

• SI Staff

If you have any constructive feedback on the MirrorFootball website, then if you post it here I'm sure the people from MirrorFootball are watching and will take it onboard.

It's a new site, so it's likely that there are some teething problems.

However, it's a very important partnership for us, so cutting and pasting the blogs here is not asked for, nor wanted! They are perfectly visible on the MirrorFootball website.

If you have any constructive feedback on the MirrorFootball website, then if you post it here I'm sure the people from MirrorFootball are watching and will take it onboard.

It's a new site, so it's likely that there are some teething problems.

However, it's a very important partnership for us, so cutting and pasting the blogs here is not asked for, nor wanted! They are perfectly visible on the MirrorFootball website.

But why can't you just post them here (at least as well) Miles!!?? What on earth have MirrorFootball website got to do with FM2010?

Apart from it being a poorly presented website it's full of adverts and i don't want to have to go there to read about the latest features for the game i love, i want to read that stuff here on the official forums. That fact that you actually edited my post with the blog in it is clear proof that this is nothing to do with the blog and more about some deal with that site you've struck to push us punters their way to their site to be bombarded by adverts, it really is shocking and embarassing.

It's making the new release seem cheap and tacky in my view. I think you seriously need to rethink your marketing strategy..

Creating partnerships with sites like MirrorFootball is in the best interests of SI. It's more exposure for FM and that's a good thing, it potentially means more sales and therefore more money being invested in to future versions.

It may not be the best designed site in the world, but it's hardly some crappy Geocities website either.

Creating partnerships with sites like MirrorFootball is in the best interests of SI. It's more exposure for FM and that's a good thing, it potentially means more sales and therefore more money being invested in to future versions.

It may not be the best designed site in the world, but it's hardly some crappy Geocities website either.

Of course and i'm not against that, but what i am against is the fact that the information released there is not available here too.

The game is out next month and we hardly know anything about it, and what we do know is being drip fed to us on an external website..

Of course and i'm not against that, but what i am against is the fact that the information released there is not available here too.

The game is out next month and we hardly know anything about it, and what we do know is being drip fed to us on an external website..

I may have mis-understood, but I thought the NOTW Blog pages also stated that an "exclusive version of the demo" would be available on that site....that intrigues me!

Archived