sacked after 3 seasons

on the first season with dortmund I had to achieve a mid table finish. I became 4th and won the german cup. the next two season I also became 4th and reached european football.

only on the 4th season I started with a couple of lossen and was sitting on the 10-12th place on the table only because I had 7 players injured who play in the first team. the result was that I got sacked.

my problem is that I made Dortmund a mid-table team to a sub-topper and aiming for the CL. I don't understand why I had to be sacked, didn't I had any credit for my achievements?

season 1 - 4th + german cup

season 2 - 4th

season 3 - 4th

season 4 - sacked after seven games (mainy to injury's, every game I had 2 players injured)

At face value it does seem unfortunate.

You say you were in 10-12th place and why - but not when. Was it late in the season?

Had you told the board at the start of the season you'd win the league?

Just a couple of thoughts.

it was after the first 7 games at the start of the season and I told the board that a had to achieve top-half finish (4-7 th place)

Perhaps the Board were not happy with your lack of ambition after finishing 4th for 3 years then only saying that you would be 4th-7th. If you then are 12th then maybe thay felt that wasnt good enough. The Board also will not take any circumstances into account like injuries when they make their decision.

Perhaps the Board were not happy with your lack of ambition after finishing 4th for 3 years then only saying that you would be 4th-7th. If you then are 12th then maybe thay felt that wasnt good enough. The Board also will not take any circumstances into account like injuries when they make their decision.

If that's the case then they shouldn't gave me an option te achieve a top-half finish like they are not giving me a option to not get relegated.

yeah surely if the board don't take injuries into account then they wont take your ambition into account either as they give you the choice of ambition for the season

Unfortunate :(

In future though, check your Job Security and see what status your job is. If it's insecure then i think you can still do a Board Request and ask more time to acheive your goals. This might give you a few more weeks to save your job :thup:

Real Life Example, Bryan Gunn... He was sacked after only 2 competitive games of the season.

Martin Jol? 5th twice in a row at Spurs. Had a bad start and the board starting looking elsewhere and sacked him by October. I think it happens all the time in football. If a club starts doing better, the board get more ambitious and less patient. If you finished 4th 3 times in a row, they probably want you to move on another level and try and crack the top 3. If it appears that isn't likely (even after 7 games, just as people are writing off Liverpool's chances of the title after 4) then they may do something drastic. Unlucky, but not so unusual.

Bobby Robson is another example, had Newcastle playing in the Champions league 2 or 3 seasons and came quite close to winning the league one year. Made a bad start in 05 (4th season in charge) and was sacked just 4 or 5 games into the season.

As sad as it is giga29, it happens in real life. Even though I disagree with it most of the time, I support Spurs and we sacked Martin Jol after 2 5th placed finishes, we had one bad start to the next season and he was out.

Its unfortunate and yes you could say wrong, but it happens.

SI patched the game and fixed the injury bug but there is still too many injury's in the game which enventualy cost my managerial job at Dortmund which I really enjoyd. It's just that the joy was for a short period of time and I can't really get into a new game with this in my head.

In fairness Saxonaitor, Gunny wasn't just sacked because of the 7-1 result, he was sacked due to having an appauling record last season, he was also sacked as the new board came in and instantly saw he was no manager and righted the errors of Neil Doncaster and Roger Munby.

The OP hasd a good record in his previous 3 years at the club, steadily improving it, a world apart from Gunny mate.

Archived