FM 2009 demo freezes at match day

I'm a championship manager die hard (17years) but recently decided to try FM to see if I was missing anything, so I downloaded the 2009 demo as a taster. Everything ran fine(really loved how in depth FM is compared to CM) Then i get to match day and submit my team and the game freezes?????

I have looked in the support thread but cannot find any relevant answers?? Please help as i really want to experience FM to full as considering buying FM2010.

In English- what Legionaire is trying to say is, SI are the ones who created the original Championship Manager, they stopped at CM0304 because they split with Eidos.

They joined SEGA and created the Football Manager series from FM2005. So in essence, Football Manager is the Championship Manager series you started off with, just they don't have the title!

Eidos only kept the CM name and NOTHING else. SI kept the real CM game, just had to change the name to FM. So Eidos made their new CM game from scratch in 2005. So mate you've been playing the wrong game for a while :)

In English- what Legionaire is trying to say is, SI are the ones who created the original Championship Manager, they stopped at CM0304 because they split with Eidos.

They joined SEGA and created the Football Manager series from FM2005. So in essence, Football Manager is the Championship Manager series you started off with, just they don't have the title!

Eidos only kept the CM name and NOTHING else. SI kept the real CM game, just had to change the name to FM. So Eidos made their new CM game from scratch in 2005. So mate you've been playing the wrong game for a while :)

good point and kind of funny too. I just don't get how people can play CM if they are loyal CM player from the old days.

I made my choice and still stand by it! I know all about the history of split, But decided back in the day to play the bgs version(perhaps young and naive at the time) As i said earlier, I wish to play both games.

I have now purchased FM2009 and still the problem arises, What I want to know is what is the issue with the game freezing at match day. Is the fault with my machine (INTEL 2 dual core,3gb ram, Nvidia 7300gt) or is the fault part of the download. Any light shed will be appreciated.

Also, As someone new to the forum I have to say I find it a little "clique". As I said I chose to play CM even after the split because that was my choice, I still enjoy playing CM and look forward to CM2010, But on the other hand would like to play FM. From the little I have experienced before the freeze I found v. enjoyable and alot more in depth than CM so my appetite as been wet and find myself wanting more.

How is that I can play a game/series since 1992 that to me counts as a loyal gamer, But because I made my own choice I'm told I've been playing the wrong game??? Horses for courses, there's no right and wrong just personal preferences.

I made my choice and still stand by it! I know all about the history of split, But decided back in the day to play the bgs version(perhaps young and naive at the time) As i said earlier, I wish to play both games.

I have now purchased FM2009 and still the problem arises, What I want to know is what is the issue with the game freezing at match day. Is the fault with my machine (INTEL 2 dual core,3gb ram, Nvidia 7300gt) or is the fault part of the download. Any light shed will be appreciated.

It won't be a problem with the download if you can play it.

Sorry if I've missed it but did you manage to download the demo patch? You will need to use torrent software such as BitTorrent or Vuze to download it from the file you already have.

Stevebull/legend! no need to get so emotional! I did not mean to offend you. You can play which ever game you want, I haven't touched CM since 0304, but if you want to stay loyal to CM and Eidos then go ahead, thats your choice and I respect that.

I think the general consesus is that FM is by far the better game and has been since it was made, I have that opinion from reading various reviews and seeing what other people say- but no I haven't played CM recently, so can't judge it properly. There are certain aspects of FM- although a great game, that I don't like, so I have looked into how CM has been going, but from the demo, doesn't seem to be going in the right direction!

Why did I say you are playing the wrong game? Because you said you've been a CM diehard for 17 years. The game you were a diehard of is now FM! Thats a fact. So you switched games and stayed loyal to Eidos and the title 'Championship Manager', not the CM series developed by SI that you followed. Thats all I was saying. Of course there are going to be 'cliques', this is a forum for Football Manager, so people are going to be following that game.

Anyway mate I've made my points and you enjoy playing both. If you like CM good on you, if you like FM like we do, then great. Didn't mean to offend you :D

Its a little personal really, but what the heck... At the time of the split I was admitted to a drug rehabilitation centre, Once recovered I brought a new P.C. went out and brought the first/latest CM available which happened to be the BGS version, Enjoyed it and stuck with it.

I simply didn't have the appeal to play 2 manager Sims at that time of my life, But now I'm a family man I use them as my escapism from the joys of real life:thup: So wish to play the best Sim that's available hence why now I want to play FM.:)

Stevebull/legend! no need to get so emotional! I did not mean to offend you. You can play which ever game you want, I haven't touched CM since 0304, but if you want to stay loyal to CM and Eidos then go ahead, thats your choice and I respect that.

I think the general consesus is that FM is by far the better game and has been since it was made, I have that opinion from reading various reviews and seeing what other people say- but no I haven't played CM recently, so can't judge it properly. There are certain aspects of FM- although a great game, that I don't like, so I have looked into how CM has been going, but from the demo, doesn't seem to be going in the right direction!

Why did I say you are playing the wrong game? Because you said you've been a CM diehard for 17 years. The game you were a diehard of is now FM! Thats a fact. So you switched games and stayed loyal to Eidos and the title 'Championship Manager', not the CM series developed by SI that you followed. Thats all I was saying. Of course there are going to be 'cliques', this is a forum for Football Manager, so people are going to be following that game.

Anyway mate I've made my points and you enjoy playing both. If you like CM good on you, if you like FM like we do, then great. Didn't mean to offend you :D

No problem, only I had been warning that the FM forums we're a little bitchy, I got the feeling That where the thread was going to go as I'd stated my enjoyment in CM.

I actually hoping to defect as long as I can get the bloody thing to work:)

You should be proud of being a Championship Manager diehard. You have stayed true to your colours. It is like supporting a football club; even if the manager, coaches and players suddenly changed you'd still support them.

Actually it's like the old club gets a name change and a new club gets formed with the name of the old club. So you're actually supporting for another club.

Anyway.................

Switched to windows mode and medium in display and finally got it to work. From what I've seen so far looks good, although both Match engines are not brilliant I think both could learn from each other.

The only downside now is I have to wait until 22;00 tonight to give it a real bash once kids are asleep.

No problem, only I had been warning that the FM forums we're a little bitchy, I got the feeling That where the thread was going to go as I'd stated my enjoyment in CM.

I actually hoping to defect as long as I can get the bloody thing to work:)

One more of 'us' and one less of 'them'. Welcome aboard!:)

It sounds as if your graphics card is not compatible with the match engine. Could be wrong of course. Have you tried updating the drivers for it?

My graphics card is sound, Changed it two weeks ago to support the CM2010 demo which runs fine on it.

Game's running fine now(thanks for all the advice) All i need to do now is look up all the good player guides as I'm Finding the transfer market a little more realistic than CM:thup:

My graphics card is sound, Changed it two weeks ago to support the CM2010 demo which runs fine on it.

Game's running fine now(thanks for all the advice) All i need to do now is look up all the good player guides as I'm Finding the transfer market a little more realistic than CM:thup:

Tip: During contract negotiations, never ever ever offer a signing on fee. The player will sign without one and you will keep more money.

Archived