When Will You Start Your 'Preferred' Save?

I'm not sure when to start the save I have in mind for FM10, and was wondering how everyone else approaches it.

Do you start your 'big' save when the the new edition is released and just patch as you go along. Or do you wait until the first or the last patch is issued?

It'd be nice to start on release day - but it's asking for trouble too! What do YOU do?

I will wait until the 2nd patch is released.

First patch will improve things but bring in extra bugs. The second patch will fix these extra bugs and a few minor problems.

Seems to be like this every release.

Of course that's logical, and what we should really do. But aren't you ever itching to get going??

if there is a new patch you can carry on with your game as normal anyway. (last time you could anyway)

I know that when you do that it fixes bugs (obviously! LOL), but will the fixes to competitions take place without restarting the game. I don't mind missing the January data update and getting the ME patched to the latest, but I'd hate if competition bugs still existed.

I always start a game right away with Newcastle and then carry on with it as long as it's fun or until I'm sacked.

In some years this first one becomes my 'preferred' save and just goes on and on while in others it remains an episode from the first few weeks. On FM09 it was the preferred one, I carried on until winning everything one year. Then I couldn't be arsed to carry on and started something new with Bröndby IF.

Anyway, I never center the answer to the question about what my preferred save is around patches unless the game proves to be deficient pre-patch.

For FM10 I'm somewhat optimistic that there should not be an urgent need for a patch as this is the polish version with not too many new features.

It's a gut instinct.

That could just be indigestion :rolleyes:

Anyway, I never center the answer to the question about what my preferred save is around patches unless the game proves to be deficient pre-patch.

For FM10 I'm somewhat optimistic that there should not be an urgent need for a patch as this is the polish version with not too many new features.

Your optimism is infectious!

I actually think this could prove to be the best version yet :thup:

I'll try a season with a big team and a season with a little team to get the feel of the ME and new tactics wizard, and other new features. By that time patch fixes should be out, and new leagues available for download. Then I'll take some English. Scottish, or Fijian pubteam and plug away with MY team until FM11.

I'll try a season with a big team and a season with a little team to get the feel of the ME and new tactics wizard, and other new features. By that time patch fixes should be out, and new leagues available for download. Then I'll take some English. Scottish, or Fijian pubteam and plug away with MY team until FM11.

I want to play the demo first, before answering. Anyway I am under the impression I'll wait for the first strong patch to start the game seriously.

With FM09 for example I appreciated a lot the first 2 patches but I hated the 9.3 and eventually I went back to 9.2. This means IMO that the first patch is fundamental ( cause customers act like betatesters but it is fine for me ) , the second one further tune the stuff and the third one may exceed and ruin the match engine or add weird stuff and it fixex minor bugs mostly.

I will play the demo and but it upon release regardless of if i like the demo it would really take a lot for me not to buy it.

I always start straight away with Rangers and just patch as I go usually get about 12 seasons in then I start with a new game with a new team.

avoiding fmrte as (which I installed last week) it ruins the game for me to much time cheating and tinkering.

Archived