Fan Day consequences

Hey lads,

I have a question. I'm managing Lokomotiv Moscow in the Russian League which is a mid-to-top team, not as powerful as CSKA, Zenith and Spartak and right there with Dinamo Moscow, FC Moscow, Rubin, etc.

So, I am having a wonderful season, sitting on top of the table, and then my board decided to call a Fan Day for a home match against city rivals FC Moscow, who are doing reasonably well at 5th.

I won the match 2-0 and had the game under control most of the time. There was a crowd of 28k plus which literally fulfilled the stadium.

Fun match to play, fun match to watch, fans confidence was good and they were delighted with the result.

And then I find the following message in my Inbox:

Unfortunately the match experience was somewhat of a dissapointment and the board are unsure if the event will help boost attendances on the long run.

I'm sorry for asking, but...

...what do I need to do to get a positive feedback from a fan day? Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

Tele

SimmoMC,

Next time I'll try to let my rival get 2 goals up and then comeback in style. Perhaps that way, it will be a success, and not controlling the game against a city rival and winning showcasing a superior standard of play hehe (/ironic mode on). :-)

Well, I wasn't the one to ask for a fan day, but it's pretty ridiculous that I win a derby well and still the event is somewhat of a dissapointment...

Maybe more of an exciting game. I remember I had one and the score was like 4-2 and the fan day was a success.

Same here but my match ended 4-3 with our 4th being scored in the 93rd minute.

I would've been ticked off had that fan day been labelled "disappointing".

I guess you need to have a high scoring game for it to be a success.

Hi Captain,

I understand that, but I can tell you I was pretty satisfied with the team's performance. Despite winning a derby by a comfortable margin, we had several chances thorought the game and clearly limited opposition, so it was not a *merely* efficient performance, it was a very good one.

Anyways, this is something for the SI folks to think about it, if any of them read this thread.

It's pretty harsh to call a good derby performance on a fan day somewhat of a disappointment.

Cheers,

Tele

It's the performance that counts. You can win 3-0 with 3 shots on goal and you'd still probably see a dissappointing response.

Fans flock to the stadium to be entertained, so something daft like a 4-4 draw with 20 shots each would probably make them come back :D

Archived