SI / FM New add on series ???

Hi guys,

i dont normally post anything on here or any these sort sites but recently as i Barcelona fan i've been watching some old tapes and game from the 80,90 etc, i really feel that a great add on for the FM series to spice things up would be to do whole databases from past season or 1995 for example, this puts the worlds best now very young and the great you grew up watching your able to manage.

i have downloaded the 1999 database on a different website and its amazing prob the best add on ive EVER seen, just think back when FM was CM and it just started it european leagues on the game imagine going back to that time period and knowing who and what u no now and who to sign or manage ur hero's and idols.

i feel so strongly about this being a success i really think that SI/FM could sell add on season i.e 95 and set the clock back to then, i understand there could be some copy right issues for these time periods so thats a soft spot but evening having for example Messi as Mussi we all know who he is and even with the editor some big wig will change it lol.

ive had every single FM game and even when it was CM and think this could really spice up the FM series, the FM Live is not for me costs way to much money and id be happy to spend an extra £10-15 a year or 6 months on a new database from past seasons.

let me know what u think guys do you u agree or not???

thanks.

i agree the work would be tough but dont foget this game has been running since 96 i think? so surely these guys would keep the datbases for these time periods and ur just need to convert the data to the new game ? its a fab idea i think shame it prob wont happen.

wouldnt u like to manage ur hero or idol ? or manage ur fav team i.e barca in its my successful time period? or when it hit crisis point in 97ish? and save them, or not making the same mistakes leeds did and turn them into the best team in the world? its thinking of the past and having a chance to change it and/or manage ur hero's.

wouldnt u like to manage ur hero or idol ? or manage ur fav team i.e barca in its my successful time period? or when it hit crisis point in 97ish? and save them, or not making the same mistakes leeds did and turn them into the best team in the world? its thinking of the past and having a chance to change it and/or manage ur hero's.

I'm a Reading fan, I have FM07. Which leads be to "why don't you just buy an old game?".

http://www.fmgames.net/databases/the-9900-season-db/

guys try this its the 99-00 datbase and see what i mean how amazing it is. a few bugs i.e man city have a lot of cash as does spurs and some players the wrong age but its easily fixed.

Is that the one that still has original players on aswell. I downloaded one that was from around then but if you select someone like Sunderland its mostly the players we have today.

I'm a Reading fan, I have FM07. Which leads be to "why don't you just buy an old game?".

Does the idea of bringing Reading from the depths not appeal to you?

• SI Staff

Forgetting the potential legal problems and database issues for a second you would also have to change things like the financial models, transfer system, competition structures and rules which is a massive job in itself for (IMO) something not very many people would be interested in. We could put the manpower to much better use.

i dunerstand but even yourself cant sat it not a good idea, shame it wont happen, i think u cud put the man power toward this as instead others but thats what i think and it may not be right.

thanks for the reply to clear things up. oh well, i can dream.

Forgetting the potential legal problems and database issues for a second you would also have to change things like the financial models, transfer system, competition structures and rules which is a massive job in itself for (IMO) something not very many people would be interested in. We could put the manpower to much better use.

I agree, the only way this could be done by people outside of SI would be for us to have the ability to delete all the players in the database. If we could also import players and other records into a current database I am sure a team of dedicated people would be willing to do a league each and then add them all into one database. Trouble is there is noway for me, for example to import data from someone elses database into my own. Does that make sense?

• SI Staff
i dunerstand but even yourself cant sat it not a good idea, shame it wont happen, i think u cud put the man power toward this as instead others but thats what i think and it may not be right.

thanks for the reply to clear things up. oh well, i can dream.

It's possibly something I would use once. Not really worth it IMO.

It may be possible in the future for a user created one to be feasible as the new editor develops but it's very unlikely to be something we create.

It's certainly something i would enjoy playing; Ajax from the mid 90's, Dortmund from the late 90s, Real Madrid from the early '00s etc would be great. Given the introduction of a competition editor hopefully the community will find it easier to produce such databases - fingers crossed.

You'd soon get bored of snapping up all of the best players with the benefit of hindsight. I don't imagine people would play it more than a couple of times and it would be more akin to collecting stickers that immersing yourself in a virtual football World.

I think the research task would be next to impossible, rose tinted specs and all.

Archived