• Pre-order Online
    • Pre-order in store
    • in store on release date
    • online on release date
    • via Steam
    • online after release date
    • in store after release date
    • Not buying at all

I've just pre-ordered mine online and was just wondering how/when everyone else is going to being the new FM? If at all!

Steam was a new option recently introduced for FM 2009, that added another option for people to get the game, but it did come with many bugs and problems.

I have done some research and found that GAME.co.uk are the best for online pre-ordering, especially with the Reward Points system they have.

If anyone is interested Play.com are offering personalised sleeves at no extra cost!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/11071646/Football-Manager-2010/Product.html

Is this really what GD has been reduced to? I'll not be buying it because I can't afford it, so i'll wait till it comes down in price.

How is this bringing down GD?

It's not exactly a dear good that breaks the bank, you could of just simply said that you'll be buying it after the release date because the price will have dropped by then.

I just don't understand why anyone would be interested in where or how other people are buying a computer game. Sorry, but i'm of the opinion that if threads like this didn't exist and interesting threads remained on the front page, GD would be a better place.

I just don't understand why anyone would be interested in where or how other people are buying a computer game. Sorry, but i'm of the opinion that if threads like this didn't exist and interesting threads remained on the front page, GD would be a better place.

It may be useful to SI, to see how people are intending to buy the new game coming out.

It may be useful to SI, to see how people are intending to buy the new game coming out.

Actual purchases would be more useful surely and I assume they will have records of those, there are sales charts etc. Intended purchases aren't really worth the forum they're written on.

Well said that man :thup:

I was going to post, but then I thought - NO. Let it drop off the page. Damn, I've did it now; sorry mate.

There's rain running down my window - anyone fancy a poll on which drop will reach the bottom first?

I have just connected to Steam to check about pre-ordering and they have a price of 49.99 euros. which is double what I paid for it last year here in Poland. i shall be waiting until it's released in the shops over here before paying an over inflated price for it.

Actual purchases would be more useful surely and I assume they will have records of those, there are sales charts etc. Intended purchases aren't really worth the forum they're written on.

It will prove useful to SI, as they will see how many people intend to buy the game and then they can concentrate more or less on how they advertise the game.

I will buy from gameplay

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM03728&title=Football_Manager_2010

and go through cash back site Quidco http://www.quidco.com/gameplay/

So i will get £1.80 off the price so £28.19 for the game and free and usually prompt delivery!

I won't pre-order it until a week before so I'll keep an eye out for the best price.

Going to skip FM10. Not enough features that appeal to me being added.

You say that now but when it comes to crunch time or nearer xmas when the price get dropped you'll do well to resist.

Plus the forum will be packed with people talking about FM09 good and bad and you will join the dark side to see for yourself ;)

Il be waiting to see how good this years game is...if i have to mess about as much as i did last year to install the game i wont be bothering.

Think I'll get it online after release. Most likely after the new year or thereabout, just like FM09. Last year it was because of the DRM but this year the price really needs to come down some before I buy. Unless they have dropped the DRM I might consider buying it earlier but not on pre-order in any case.

Think I'll get it online after release. Most likely after the new year or thereabout, just like FM09. Last year it was because of the DRM but this year the price really needs to come down some before I buy. Unless they have dropped the DRM I might consider buying it earlier but not on pre-order in any case.

Don't you feel an urge to get the new FM?

In-store some time after release date. I'll wait until the immediate madness of this place had calmed down a bit before purchasing.

I wonder what kind of disaster SI are going to somehow fail to avoid in the year's release- should be fun to sit back and watch them squirm. :D

Will be making my purchase in store after the release date, as usual. Nothing beats having a hard copy of the game and it's packaging.

However, I think I will try my best to avoid these forums once I get the game for obvious reasons so I can enjoy the game better. ;) That's highly unlikely though (trying not to visit the forums, that is).

Archived