Resigning from a Club

If you resigned from a club so that you were unemployed and were rated as a world class manager, perhaps the best in the game, would other clubs with managers already approach you to see if you would take over, either immediately or at the end of the season?

If not, I think they should as in IRL i'm sure there would be a lot of interest if someone like Fergie, Mourinho or Wenger became available, anyone agree? Players are coveted by clubs all the time, as FM is a manager game it would be nice imo to have club chairmen desperate to sign you.

IRL managers won't get the sack for no other reason than another manager suddenly being available. At least not straight away, I don't think.

Second point I agree with. The Chairman should really tell you what is expected of you, but I've found that they are generally very lenient with you if you've been hired after the season has kicked off.

agree with this, you should be able to gain insight into the expectations, so you dont take on something youre never gonna succeed with.

in the past, ive declared interest in jobs, even though theyre still occupied, and the manager has been sacked in my favour.. although it was only with Hull....

I remember taking a job with 4 games left in the season and being mid table and yet the expectation was to still achieve promotion. When the end of the season came I was considered to be doing a bad job by the chairman as we had not been promoted. (I won 3 of the 4 games)

Clubs/nations with vacancies may well approach you - I resigned from the England job (looking for a new international challenge having won the World Cup), and Brazil offered me their international job, along with England trying to talk me out of quitting that post.

If you resigned from a club so that you were unemployed and were rated as a world class manager, perhaps the best in the game, would other clubs with managers already approach you to see if you would take over, either immediately or at the end of the season?

If not, I think they should as in IRL i'm sure there would be a lot of interest if someone like Fergie, Mourinho or Wenger became available, anyone agree? Players are coveted by clubs all the time, as FM is a manager game it would be nice imo to have club chairmen desperate to sign you.

When Mourinho left Chelsea he didn't join another club for 9 months, of course we don't know how many offers he had to manage during that time but there wasn't any big club suddenly sacking their existing manager to get him in straight away.

When Mourinho left Chelsea he didn't join another club for 9 months, of course we don't know how many offers he had to manage during that time but there wasn't any big club suddenly sacking their existing manager to get him in straight away.

but thats down to the "declaring interest" factor... just cos a good manmager is on the market doesnt mean the club will sack theirs on the offchance the umemp one will be interested...

Something I've always wondered is, if you resign midway through your contract, should you legally be able to sign freely with a new team, or should there be ramifications from the contract you had previously signed (compensation etc). If there were, you'd have to think before signing a long term deal in the future, or negotiate a release clause.

Something I've always wondered is, if you resign midway through your contract, should you legally be able to sign freely with a new team, or should there be ramifications from the contract you had previously signed (compensation etc). If there were, you'd have to think before signing a long term deal in the future, or negotiate a release clause.

That's a good point and would be a good addition to the game as it's a management game the contract should have some bearing on our career decisions.

Mourinho wasnt allowed to join another club in that time.

Regarding managers and job moving, it would be nice if we could get some sort of a visual idea on what standard jobs we actually have a chance of getting if applied for.

Maybe a filter, like the transfer filter where it only shows realistic job opportunities.

Usually I will save the game before declaring an interest or applying for a job, as I have little idea as to whether I would have any chance.

Archived