Player retiring at 20 ?????????

Saw a 19 year old who was about to retire, he was the only non-grey player for a very small national team (can't remember who, or even why I clicked on the team, often I do these things out of curiosity, they played in green anyway) and didn't have a club, not surprising as all but 4 technical stats were '1'. I guess these things are more logical with clubless players of obscure nationalities.

I dislike the fact they hang around for a while before retiring. If they're that young they don't announce retirement a month in advance. They simply drop off the face of the Earth. Higher reputation players announce their retirement - the others simply quit.

There was a player recently, a goalkeeper aged 22 I think (can't remember his name) who quit football because he had fallen out of love with the game.

Shane Supple, our (Ipswich Town) 2nd choice keeper. Wants to be a chef!!!

I released a youth keeper and he was a free agent for the rest of the season. The following season i was emailed saying he had retired.

Yeah they are usually out of a club for a season before they retire. It is a bit of a pain when the very occasional good player from a small nation gets released from his itty bitty club but noone takes him and you find him a month before retirning, and then if you sign him you can't persuade him to stay in the game, even if you're Barca.

Archived