How many games?

I've never been sacked before in FM, but having been relegated last season, and struggling this, my board confidence screen currently looks like this. How many games do you think I have left to turn this around?

veryinsecure.jpg

The term 'Very Insecure' doesn't really fill me with confidence

Could be when ever mate..just get a few wins and your laughing!

I know but I can't win. I have sick notes all over the park, and to think that this team is better than the one that finished 2nd two years ago. We're currently 18th and can't score:(

As a manager who gets sacked regularly, I had hoped that I could give you some perspective. But I have to say, it all depends, could happen very soon, might not happen at all. I would say that if you avoid devastating losses (including to rivals), you can improve your chances of keeping your job. It seems like a 5-0 loss, or a loss to a rival, can be the nail in the coffin and cause the Board to swiftly make a change.

As a manager who gets sacked regularly, I had hoped that I could give you some perspective. But I have to say, it all depends, could happen very soon, might not happen at all. I would say that if you avoid devastating losses (including to rivals), you can improve your chances of keeping your job. It seems like a 5-0 loss, or a loss to a rival, can be the nail in the coffin and cause the Board to swiftly make a change.

I Cant really help matters, as i dont think, (or not that i can remember) i have ever been sacked, but maybe the other teams have worked out your tactics, and a reshape of tactics/formation may hold the key to turning things around? Good Luck anyway

When you win and finish well, your opponents will adjust their strategy toward you the next season. Against a winning team, they may play more defensive/counter which will change your success in the next season.

But we were awful last season (albeit in a higher division)

Is there a good way to get my strikers scoring?

But we were awful last season (albeit in a higher division)

Is there a good way to get my strikers scoring?

You're still considered to be one of the better teams since you've come from a higher division, so they'll still be defensive and hope to hit you on the counter.

I'm thinking you might want to slow down the tempo if it's set on quick. Main reason is it'll allow your team to pass the ball around pulling players out of position. If it's already pretty slow then you might want more people to push up. I find myself in the same position right now. Most teams are playing defensively so I made a very attacking (a lot of people available ahead of the ball with free role) slow tempo tactic that seems to pin the opponents in their area for long periods of the game. They get so overwhelmed that they send an attacker back to defend. Of course that leaves one guy up front making him very ineffectual against my 2 centre backs. I'm doing this with a Chesterfield team in the second half of my first year in the Championship so my players are by no means the best in game.

You're still considered to be one of the better teams since you've come from a higher division, so they'll still be defensive and hope to hit you on the counter.

I'm thinking you might want to slow down the tempo if it's set on quick. Main reason is it'll allow your team to pass the ball around pulling players out of position. If it's already pretty slow then you might want more people to push up. I find myself in the same position right now. Most teams are playing defensively so I made a very attacking (a lot of people available ahead of the ball with free role) slow tempo tactic that seems to pin the opponents in their area for long periods of the game. They get so overwhelmed that they send an attacker back to defend. Of course that leaves one guy up front making him very ineffectual against my 2 centre backs. I'm doing this with a Chesterfield team in the second half of my first year in the Championship so my players are by no means the best in game.

cheers, I'll give it a go (if the board will let me!)

Archived