Requesting a New Stadium

Anyone think this will ever be an option rather than the current increase capacity one; would imagine that Wenger for example had some say in moving to the new stadium.

or to put it more bluntly; I'm rich, have lots of fans (personally of course, the team are on the whole greatly disliked by all) and I want a new stadium, but the board say nothing:(

Anyone think this will ever be an option rather than the current increase capacity one; would imagine that Wenger for example had some say in moving to the new stadium.

While I agree that Wenger probably had some input in the decision I don't think he would have been consulted if he just been apointed to the club and had yet to bring any success. So taking that into account I think this option, if its introduced, should only be available to the manager who a) has been successful both at home and in European competition and B) Been the manager for several seasons.

It's still a part of the game that's languishing in the FM05/06 era and hasn't really been greatly improved. You have a balance of hundreds of millions, your attendance to stadium capacity could be 95% yet when you request a new stadium the message "The council will never grant planning permission to expand the stadium" appears.

It's too narrow, too vague and very frustrating for an experienced gamer. Is it a random occurance, or is there hidden criteria in the game coding? Nobody knows.

However i'm assuming there is a way around the issue, just like there is a means to force a takeover of your club, there is probably a means to guarentee a new stadium build.

I would agree that the interaction with the board needs to be significantly. There should be more detailed replies to requests, such as:

We appreciate that you require a bigger transfer budget to achieve the goals set by the board, however, due to the club's financial situation, we are unable at the present time to provide you with more money for transfers. However, if the bank balance of the club were to rise to £x,xxx,xxx then we would be happy to oblige and give you more money for transfers.

Onto the New Stadium button and i agree this should be implemented. Expanding the stadium and getting a new one are completely different things, so they should be seperate options. However, i would say that the button should be avaliable to managers who have spent many years at the club or achieved something at the club of significance.

Just got a new stadium named after me at Milan-by far the greatest news in 15 years of FM/CM!

Congrats :D

If you use FMRTE and have a spare few minutes, could you post some stats from your game? I'm trying to see what influences a new stadium build so i can see if i can force a new stadium to be built for a club.

1. What year are you in?

2. What's your Chairmans Business, Resources and Ambition attributes?

3. Whats your average, minimum and maximum attendance according to FMRTE?

4. What was your Bank Balance at the time the board announced the new stadium?

You can just request that the stadium be enlarged.

The board will keep expanding it until you get "There is no room to expand the council will never allow it" message type.

After another season or two they will announce plans for a new stadium, providing season tickets are sold to the same levels etc.

Archived