Do you allow transfer budgets in first window?

Do you allow transfer budget in first window?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you allow transfer budget in first window?

• Yes
    • No

Yes I always allow them, as I like to get stuck in to the transfer market straight away.

I get the realism argument - perhaps it would be better to have the game DB reflect the teams squads as they stand in early July rather than after the transfer window is finished? Although I can see that being a little complex with the various different start dates for different leagues.

how about an option to enable transfer budgets, but have the squads as they were at the end of the (last) season?

imo it seems silly to have transfers. just look at a club like portsmouth,who have undergone such a massive change in personnel this season - imagine having to do that yourself. it would be hugely challenging, but also very rewarding if you got it right

• 2 months later...

I believe you can get still free transfers.

I Personally don't disable the budgets it as I prefer to try and build my squad from the get go, and especially in FM10 when there's so many good players available at the start of the game

it doesn't disable transfers - it just takes account of the fact that your predecessor will have spent the summer spending the club's money so that when you arrive 2009's budget is spoken for. If you allow the box to be ticked, you're essentially giving your club money it doesn't have.

You can still make any transfers you like, but only with whatever money the club might realistically have left after a summer spent making transfers, so a league 2 club won't have much, Man United will still have some. You can sell, loan, make free transfers, everything as normal. It's simply a realism setting.

Yes I do, and I dont think its not 'realistic' either.

Imagine if arsenal had sacked arsene wenger (ok, he would have to have died - but if he wasnt manager) Arsenal would have bought other players in the transfer window, the only reason why they didnt is that it would go against his transfer policy (sticking with youth)

So for me, I dont have any issues with it, realism or otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived