Atletico Madrid to Inter Milan (Was it the right move)

AJ1

Playing quite happily through my Atletico Madrid save where im into 6th Season. I have brought stability and world class talent to the club through a mixture of luck and clever spending.

I managed to secure a few good players, Vukcevic to start off with, then expanded to get Ramires, managed to get lucky with Ledesma he turned out to be quality, it continued from there with the signings of Messi, Ronaldo Vela, Fernandez, Vargas, Akinfeev and Bojan.

My dream team was complete and was performing superbly. 5 consecutive, League Titles, Champions League Titles, World Club Championships and 3 Spanish Cups later I decided it was time for a new challenge.

As i started the game with other nations doing full seasons and being playable, Italy, Germany, France and England, I decided that I would look to Inter Milan and see if there was any pressure of their then manager Klinsmann and sure enough I could "Declare Interest in the Position" which i did.

Inter came back and offered the position with the following transfer budget and wage budget, I looked and thought its taken me six seasons of winning everything to get a budget anywhere near that. So i thought with that kind of money I could mould a team into the next world conquerers over many seasons should I be given the time.

Then i realised that all of the "best" players are at At. Madrid and I tied them all onto ridiculously long contracts with insane release clauses! so now I face a problem, do i scout the next upcoming bojans and akinfeevs or do i try and prise them away from At. Madrid which is unlikely due to the success the club have had.

(Also want to point out that I signed Ronaldo for £80m form Manchester United, and then he went to Real Madrid in real world for £80m so you have to say credit to SI for the realism)

2uxzpmb.jpg

11rajo1.jpg

Don't think it was programmed, just chance.

I cant see it being chance, £80m cannot realistically be turned down for any player really, and it was nice to see the AI accept it and more importantly Ronaldo want to come, after all At. Madrid was the best club in the world.

maybe some of your players will be loyal enough to follow you and some staff members too but the decision is yours if you want a new challenge then here's the opportunity

Absolutely, I've kept a save of my At. Madrid game, but im going to continue this one with Inter see where i can take them.

Cannot believe ive got £136m warchest, but transfer deadline is 1 week! :(

I cant see it being chance, £80m cannot realistically be turned down for any player really, and it was nice to see the AI accept it and more importantly Ronaldo want to come, after all At. Madrid was the best club in the world.

Considering the 9.3.0 patch was finished and released long before Ronaldo moved to Real Madrid for £80m I doubt that it's anything other than coincidence.

Unless SI are now psychic :confused:

Archived