Just a quickie...allow transfer budgets in first window?

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

When you start a new game and you untick the option for allowing transfer budgets in the first window, does this:

1. Just simply give you no transfer budget or actually prevent you from being able to buy/sell players?

2. Does it apply to all clubs in the game? (e.g. not just the club I'm in control of but also AI controlled clubs too)

I always play with this unchecked! Makes it more realistic, or did before the new season.

Although you do get a budget in Novemeber for the January window and if you then agree deals for players before Jan1st and make sure it's all in payments over 24months you can spend hundreds of millions and buy as many players as you like as your budget doesn't decrease that way. Obviously you're then bankrupt by April.

• 2 months later...

it basically takes account of the fact that the manager you replace will already have spent money. if you're at a rich club, therefore, and untick the box, you'll still have some. If you untick the box and start at a small club - as I do at Shrewsbury - that season's money is already spoken for, so you don't get to spend it. Simple. Realistic. I'm a LLM'er, but even if I wasn't I'd have it un-ticked, I like things realistic.

Archived