The Official System/Specs Thread

Neji

Due to the amount of 'what laptop' threads popping up, and a suggestion by leedsfan88, I thought I'd setup this thread to keep all the system and system spec questions in. I believe there maybe one already but I couldn't find it, and many users are probably the same.

So use this thread for you questions related to buying laptops/desktops and specs in here :thup:

The FM2010 minimum specs are as follows.

As suggested previously, are the same as FM09's...

PC

OS - Windows XP/Vista/Windows7

Processor - XP - 1.4ghz or faster Vista/W7 - 2.0hgz or faster

Memory - XP-512MB Ram, Vista/W7 - 1GB Ram

Video Card - 128MB minimum. Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported.

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Mac

Intel Processor, OS X 10.5, NVidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon

Please note, if you system doesn't meet the requirements, the game may work, but we/SEGA do not offer support on these machines. Best bet is to try the demo if you fall into that category.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will these specs cut it for fm 10

Full specification

Benefit

Processor Type Intel Celeron processor C900

Memory Size 3GB MB

Processor speed (2.20GHz, 800Mhz, 1MB) The higher the number of Megahertz (MHZ) the faster the processor should be

Memory Type DDR2 - 800 MHZ

Hard Drive Capacity 160 GB The bigger the capacity the more you can store

Optical Drives DVD/RW

CD-ROM Speed 24 x Enabling access to CD ROM data. The higher the number the faster the speed

CD-RW Speed. 24 x Enabling you to access and store data on CD-RW disks. The higher the number the faster the speed

DVD-ROM Speed 24 x Enabling you access to data on DVD. The higher the number the faster the speed

DVD-RW Speed 24 x Enabling you to store data on DVD. The higher the number the faster the speed

Screen Size/Type 15.6" WXGA

Graphics Card Type Intel GM45 To enable images to be displayed on your monitor

Graphics Memory Integrated MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display

TV-out NO Allowing you to plug your laptop into a TV to watch DVDs

Sound Type 2 Integrated To enable you to have sound from your computer which is great for games, movies and music

Wireless Enabled YES Allows you to connect to an existing wireless network such as in a office or a wireless hot spot

No. of USB Connections 3 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. a modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA

No. of Firewire Connections 0 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC

Infrared Port Included NO Allowing you to connect to other devices with infrared such as an infrared enabled mobile phone

Battery Type Lithion ion 4 cell

Battery life (up to) 2 hours

Weight 2.64 kg This is the weight of the appliance in KG

Height 25.9 mm

Width 373.5 mm

Depth 244 mm

Colour Matte Black

Floppy Disk Drive NO Floppy disks are 3.5" square and store a small amount of data. CDs,DVDs and memory sticks are now usually used instead

Despiting what have been said I think to remember that FM09 never went over roughly 1GB of memory if you looked at the task manager while FM09 was running therefore I guess that for FM10 1.5GB will be definitely more than enough.

XP standard memory occupancy is 250 MB if well tweaked of course.

Thanks for the quick response! I may try and borrow a copy of FM09 from a friend and try and run it, and see what its like.

You could download the demo (and demo patch) to see how well FM09 works, or if you wait until mid-October, you will be able to try the FM10 demo and see how it runs.

just answer this if you know it: will fm10 run "slowly" like fm09? or even slower? or faster like fm07 and fm08 ?

I don't recall seeing anything about FM being faster, all I've seen is that if you can run FM09 - you should be able to run FM10.

I'd assume that FM2010 has been optimised futher so it will actually go faster than FM2009? I can run about 15-20 leagues (usually in 8-10 nations) quite comfortably. So I'd hope that these specs will allow me to use a similar amount in FM2010. I used to understand how to tell a good from a bad processor but all the Duo and Quad Core confuses me (I assume I have 4 processors running at 2.33GHz?). Here is mine:

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

MEMORY: 4GB

GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (I will replace this soon as it's a bit rubbish)

I'd assume that FM2010 has been optimised futher so it will actually go faster than FM2009? I can run about 15-20 leagues (usually in 8-10 nations) quite comfortably. So I'd hope that these specs will allow me to use a similar amount in FM2010. I used to understand how to tell a good from a bad processor but all the Duo and Quad Core confuses me (I assume I have 4 processors running at 2.33GHz?). Here is mine:

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

MEMORY: 4GB

GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (I will replace this soon as it's a bit rubbish)

To add to / answer my own question in my previous post. I found this from Miles in the sticky: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3690739&postcount=78

- QUESTION: "No, but the introduction of stadiums and crowds is bound to increase processing time and 09 was pretty slow, so I expect 10 to even slower, on my pc. Nothing aginst the game, just can't see myself buying a new PC in order to enjoy it without frustrating lag."

- ANSWER FROM MILES: "The plan is for FM10 to feel way faster to FM09 when playing, but we'll be blogging about speed and speed tests further down the line."

- QUESTION: "the 3d match engine screen shots look pretty good, i know its early but do you envisage that the PC / laptop specs be similar to last year?"

- ANSWER FROM MILES: "Roughly, yes."

So it seems that if FM2009 ran ok you can expect something similar from FM2010.

If you watch the BLOG video, the tester says that the game engine is much faster in FM10. So yes i think FM10 will be much faster then FM09.

I didn't realise there was a blog up yet, I'll take a look. Cheers.

ok, but i'm not talking about the ability of running it or not, it's just extremely annoying when you have to wait a lot at each time matches are simulated

That does not depends on the pc memory, 1.5 GB is much more than enough. The " thinking " issue depends only on the CPU speed, and of course on some fossils inside the program code lines :)

Hi all,

Im looking at buying a new laptop and would like some advice..

It's going to be used for Msn, Music, Internet, College work and Footie Man ect..

I would like a big HDD and nice bit of RAM

My budget is £500 so if you have some recomendations please help = ]

I just ordered a new computer on Monday.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53GHz)

Windows Vista Home Premium 64

nVidia Geforce G 130M graphic card with 512MB memory

2x2 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz SODIMM Memory

I love how the Web Exclusive price is 1 whole penny cheaper than the instore price :D

Just a quickie...

I am thinking of getting the Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop for my Birthday... the one with the 15 inch screen

Is this capable of running the 3D graphics as my computer cannot run them

Also has anyone got this and can they tell me what it's like please?

The 3D graphics depend solely on the specs of the computer, i.e. processor, RAM and most importantly the graphics card. The 3d workd fine with my antiquated Raedon 7050 card so they should be all right with a new computer. The 15" screen might make things a bit cramped during the game itself, though.

Here is my full specs

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 64-Bit

Service Pack 2

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer MSI

MB Model X58 Platinum

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 5.99 GB

Available Physical Memory 3.49 GB

Total Virtual Memory 12.2 GB

Available Virtual Memory 9.37 GB

Page File Space 6.28 GB

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes) @ 935Mhz

GPU 790Mhz

HD 1 - Gaming 128Gb SSD

HD 2 - 80Gb HDD

I'm currently looking out for a new laptop and its a bit of a minefield trying to pick out one that is good enough for your needs, while trying to keep to a reasonably low budget..

i'm looking for a fairly powerful one, and one that will handle fm 10 very well - my desktop can just about manage fm08 but fm 09 is out of the question with the 3d match engine..

i've been looking for ages and have a few in mind now - my main source of info has been this site :

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

which compares cpu's, graphics cards etc.

my question, since i'm not as into all the techy stuff as many on here, is is this website reliable, and do the results in the benchmarks table look realistic?

cheers for any replies - i really don't want to blow 500 quid on a piece of junk and need reassuring that i'm using the right web resources to help me :-D

glad that website is ok!!

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=34597&category_id=1001&manufacturer_id=0&tid=lx.pc70x.007

this is my current favourite, but i just have doubts about the 320GB hard disk.. i like everything else, but just am not sure if the hard disk should be a bit better for that amount of cash..

320GB is ok for that money. If you compare it with other laptops in that price bracket based on a similar spec. :thup:

Would I get from a laptop with these specs, 2.80Ghz, 1066MHz, 6MB cache with 4GB RAM.

I just ordered one today and I was wondering how many leagues/nations I would be able to run.

At the moment i've got a 1.73ghz and 2mb cache and 2gb ram and its not too great.

Thanks

I run a 2.40GHz, and 1GB RAM and I have 10 nations running with all their lower leagues on as well as a large player database and mine runs fine so far in the second season. Have alot of big nations too, England, Spain, Italy etc. With that much RAM you'd be able to open more but your cpu might struggle to process alot more than 10 nations.

Edit: My processor is AMD so 2.40GHz is a bit misleading, they usually run at lower clockspeeds. Mines a Athlon 3800+ which is supposed to mean it's the equivalent of a 3.8GHz Intel cpu. If yours is an Intel Pentium yours would be slower than mine. Still lots of memory though.

That'll run everything you want with plenty left in the tank. I usually run ~15 leagues from top to bottom at least and the game runs nicely. My PC is a little higher spec than your new lappy, but a 2.8Ghz Core 2 with 4Gb RAM is reasonably powerful. For gaming usually the more important thing is the graphics card, which is usually relatively woeful in laptops. Luckily for you FM is not very demanding and any half-decent dedicated graphics chip will do fine.

@Twofeet: The only 2.8 Ghz Intel processor available in laptops is a Core 2 and hence is a *lot* faster than the current line of AMD processors at identical clockspeeds. At faster clockspeeds it's a beast.

Just wondering whether any forum users play FM09 on the Acer Timeline 4810 (or any other laptop from the Timeline series).

The reason I ask is because I'm looking at buying one of the forementioned laptops at a reasonable price but I'm obviously looking out for No.1 (Football Manager) before making any rash decisions.

The graphics card is apparently a "Mobile Intel GS45" if that helps but I'm computer illiterate so have little to no clue what I'm buying (I'm going on word of mouth!).

I have Acer Aspire 4736 which has Intel 4500MHD. This can run FM09 fine, processing speed for 10 league save is very much satisfying. But I don't play matches in 3D, only 2D or commentry. Can't comment about its graphics power.

looking at buying this system was wondering if anyone had anything comparable and could give me an idea of the amount of lgs etc i could run.. atm im on a5 yr old pc, so unable to run 09, and 08 runs slower than.. well... lets just say its not pretty...

With a AMD athlon 64 duel core processor 5200+ and about 1GB of Ram how well would it run FM10.

I like to try and run as many leagues as possible and as i have i not brought FM 09 not sure how things like 3d engine will affect my computer

*RDIT*

btw thank you in advance :-)

*EDIT 2*

The processor runs at 3Ghz

With a AMD athlon 64 duel core processor 5200+ and about 1GB of Ram how well would it run FM10.

I like to try and run as many leagues as possible and as i have i not brought FM 09 not sure how things like 3d engine will affect my computer

*RDIT*

btw thank you in advance :-)

*EDIT 2*

The processor runs at 3Ghz

in terms of fm09, you are going tu run max 5 leagues at an acceptable speed (first season) after 2nd season you will get mad and start a new game with less leagues, processor should be much better !!!, and ram at least 2 gb

Hi all,

Haven't been around for a while. Been too busy with work and now I know the new FM is coming out I have real difficulty getting into a game when the new version is out so soon. Probably the same as everyone else here, but I am so excited about the new FM2010 and am waiting with baited breath. I honestly think that last years game was such a big jump forward and even though it had a few bugs, I fully expect them to be ironed out this year and the new tactics system is something I have been screaming for for a few years!

Anyways, the missus has authorised a new PC this year for it on the assumption that its for work. To be honest I lost my interest in computers a couple of years back so I don't exactly know what I am looking for. So I am asking the fine young gents here for help basically.

I have had a look around dell and also been on this overclockers website thing, which seems great but worries me immensely after reading the wiki page on overclocking? And to be honest I don't have any idea what I am looking for.

If anyone could point me in the right direction of what to look for or even better, put the effort in to find me the Perfect Pc for it I would be greatly apprieciative.

I have around £1000 to spend but could push it up slightly to max of 1200.

Thanks.

Legend.

You can get a pretty amazing PC for that money these days - I'd be looking for something with as many 'cores' in the CPU as possible, and as much RAM as possible. If possible, I'd recommend one of the new solid state hard drives for your operating system and FM to sit on too. A decent graphics card will suffice for you, but it's probably a lower priority than the others.

I'd also wait until after the release of Windows 7 - if you buy now you'll be lumped with Vista, and Windows 7 is significantly better and faster. I think Win7 is out the week before FM10 :)

Legendary Manager- Since I am from Canada, I obviously can't assist you in the actual picking which website to purchase your products from but I have a few suggestions

1: Get a PC, not a laptop or any mac, It's by far the best bang for your buck

2: Get an I7 Quad Core, don't skimp out on motherboard, if your computer is just for FM, you don't need that great of a video card to max out FM so spend that money on your processor, motherboard and Ram

3: You don't need any more than 4GB ram, 8GB is overkill

4: Make sure to get proper cooling, if you want to overclock(It's VERY EASY and safe) then you have to keep the processor cool

I'll leave it to the other forum members since they are from the UK it's easier for them to find deals and the like

I know hardly anything about technical stuff, but I've just a bought a brand spanking new £400 laptop from PC world. Quite frankly, if that's not good enough to run FM2009 (which should be arriving at the weekend) and FM2010 (when called upon), I'll be well peeved.

£400 on a laptop isn't very much tbh and no doubt will have onboard graphics, it will run fm09 but i would guess run slow, what spec is it?

Archived