System Specs for a new laptop

Will these cut it for FM10:

Full specification

Benefit

Processor Type Intel Celeron processor C900

Memory Size 3GB MB

Processor speed (2.20GHz, 800Mhz, 1MB) The higher the number of Megahertz (MHZ) the faster the processor should be

Memory Type DDR2 - 800 MHZ

Hard Drive Capacity 160 GB The bigger the capacity the more you can store

Optical Drives DVD/RW

CD-ROM Speed 24 x Enabling access to CD ROM data. The higher the number the faster the speed

CD-RW Speed. 24 x Enabling you to access and store data on CD-RW disks. The higher the number the faster the speed

DVD-ROM Speed 24 x Enabling you access to data on DVD. The higher the number the faster the speed

DVD-RW Speed 24 x Enabling you to store data on DVD. The higher the number the faster the speed

Screen Size/Type 15.6" WXGA

Graphics Card Type Intel GM45 To enable images to be displayed on your monitor

Graphics Memory Integrated MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display

TV-out NO Allowing you to plug your laptop into a TV to watch DVDs

Sound Type 2 Integrated To enable you to have sound from your computer which is great for games, movies and music

Wireless Enabled YES Allows you to connect to an existing wireless network such as in a office or a wireless hot spot

No. of USB Connections 3 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. a modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA

No. of Firewire Connections 0 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC

Infrared Port Included NO Allowing you to connect to other devices with infrared such as an infrared enabled mobile phone

Battery Type Lithion ion 4 cell

Battery life (up to) 2 hours

Weight 2.64 kg This is the weight of the appliance in KG

Height 25.9 mm

Width 373.5 mm

Depth 244 mm

Colour Matte Black

Floppy Disk Drive NO Floppy disks are 3.5" square and store a small amount of data. CDs,DVDs and memory sticks are now usually used instead

CHeers

£400 is as much as i have to spend

Here's one from argos that might suit you fine. It has a 2GHZ core 2 Duo processor, 4GB Ram and a whopping 500GB Hard drive!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5081361/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/2%7Ccat_14418968%7CLaptops+and+mini+laptops%7C14419039/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419039%7CLaptops%7C14419040.htm

Trekman...many thanks for your post.

Was in need of a new laptop after the Mrs dropped my old one. Had a scan through the forums to see what the suggested specs were and came across your link. Bought myself one on Saturday and for only £400 it's mint!

Before I started a new game out of interest I asked the game for it's recommmended set up...it suggested 12 leagues across 4 countries (my old lap top which cost £300 and I had to add memory to would only ever push to Prem to League 2). The 3D match engine runs perfectly smooth too!

Many thanks again Trekman and if anyone else has £400 and needs a new lap top for FM I'd suggest a little trip down to Argos

Archived