County Championship - Sign Up (FM08)

Adamw

For the past few months, the clubs of the SPL and the SFL had been threatening to leave the Scottish leagues over financial issues. Despite the best efforts of the SPL and SFL, all 42 clubs resigned from the SPL and SFL. They hope that the English leagues would accept them into their leagues, but they refused, leaving them without a league to play in.

Meanwhile, back in England, the ECB were severely worried about a lack of funds following the collapse of the deal with Sir Allen Stanford. Before they severed all ties with him, and before he was investigated for tax fraud, Stanford had sent one last proposal, which the ECB were on the verge of signing - to get all the counties of England to send in a football team and create a footballing County Championship. His proposal was to play all the games in Antigua, but the ECB, knowing that the Scottish football leagues were in need of some teams, offered the Scottish governing bodies 42 teams, representing the Counties of England. The deal was ratified, and the footballing County Championship was born.

There are 38 counties in England, plus 1 from Wales, and to make up the numbers, the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, and Isles of Scilly have also sent in teams. The ECB were able to find a new financial backer, and has given each county enough money to build there own 10,000 stadium, with room to expand to 90,000. He also gave each club the best training and youth facilities in the world, and he also gave them £10M each in the bank.

The SFA however, made sure that each club had a Scottish chairman. But these Scottish chairmen didn't know much about football. Or the counties they were representing. This is where you come in.

In effect, you are these chairmen's 'advisors'. You will advise them on certain issues. The first task is to appoint a manager. Any manager you like.

One problem these chairmen noticed was the lack of any players. Yes, there were regens from the youth academy, but this wasn't enough. So, to start off everything, each club will be given 2 players in a draft. You will select two players to go into this draft, and all 84 players will be randomly allocated to each club. The choice of players is entirely with you. Do you select two world beaters, in the hope that one of them will be drafted to your club, or do you risk giving one of your rivals an advantage. Or do you select two ageing have-beens, hoping that they go to another club and giving them a huge disadvantage?

Sign-Up Form:

County:

Manager:

Two players:

These are the remaining counties available as of the last time I edited the post, so do check the last couple of posts above you just to make sure they're not chosen :)

Bedfordshire - Thefanghunter - Harry Redknapp

Berkshire - ShanghaiNugget - Jorg Peter Steinbrunner

Buckinghamshire - hamilton162 - Jose Mourinho

Cambridgeshire - craig.17 - Ian Holloway

Cheshire - ssestig - Dario Gradi

Cornwall - elliotick - Jorge Jesus

Cumbria - bergtaur - Marco van Basten

Derbyshire - m1234566778 - Lee Clark

Devon - uusinjsh - Felix Magath

Dorset - matts - Gianfranco Zola

Durham - fergysafc - Steve Bruce

Essex - joetheref - Arsene Wenger

Glamorgan - wisescummer - John Toshack

Gloucestershire - Dipdees123 - Simon Grayson

Hampshire - Dave. - Josep Guardiola

Herefordshire - leokwash - Paul Jewell

Hertfordshire - Manager Milney - Rafa Benitez

Isle of Man - HMFC_SCFC - Martin O'Neill

Isle of Wight - Rossyboy10 - Carlo Ancelotti

Isles of Scilly - PluckaDuck - Guus Hiddink

Kent - magvest - Sir Alex Ferguson

Lancashire - MattFergie - Fabio Capello

Leicestershire - SamRuff04 - Roberto Mancini

Lincolnshire - nine_iron - Mel Harmison

Merseyside - RUFC4eva - Mark Hughes

Middlesex - William Hall - Pako Ayesterán

Norfolk - saxonaitor - Nigel Worthington

Northamptonshire - Thrustking56 - Unai Emery

Northumberland - Kenco - Gerard Houllier

Nottinghamshire - Raware - Stuart Pearce

Oxfordshire - toybota - Leroy Rosenior

Rutland - SAFC4LIFE - Peter Reid

Shropshire - WYCOMBE_4_LIFE - Peter Taylor

Somerset - Jack Rudd - Marcello Lippi

Staffordshire - Liverbird93 - Roberto Martinez

Suffolk - BlueNine - Kevin Keegan

Surrey - Mnchster67 - Iain Dowie

Sussex - coldkohmew - Davide Ballardini

Warwickshire - corinthiano - Mano Menezes

Wiltshire - skullage - Frank Rijkaard

Worcestershire - shroom420 - Martin Jol

Yorkshire - Greasy Chip Butty - Neil Warnock

It'll be on a first-come first serve basis. After all 42 places have been filled, I shall reveal which division the counties are in. I don't have FM09 so this is on FM08 :)

Also if there are any suggestions you might have please say.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great mate, would love to sign up.

County: Yorkshire

Manager: Neil Warnock

Two players: James Beattie (on FM08, he'll be at Sheffield United) and Michael Brown (on FM08, he'll be at Wigan Athletic)

Look forward to hearing more!

Only worry I'd have is that you'll struggle to make 42 users who sign up. I expanded my popular FMX-Factor from 20 to 40 for it's second version and really struggled to fill those spaces. Ended up with one-time only posters joining who I've not heard from since. However, good luck with it! :)

Here is the list of counties still available:

Bedfordshire

Berkshire

Cambridgeshire

Cumbria

Derbyshire

Glamorgan

Gloucestershire

Herefordshire

Hertfordshire

Isles of Scilly

Lancashire

Leicestershire

Lincolnshire

Merseyside

Middlesex

Norfolk

Northamptonshire

Northumberland

Nottinghamshire

Oxfordshire

Shropshire

Suffolk

Sussex

Warwickshire

Wiltshire

Worcestershire

County: Hampshire

Manager: Josep Guardiola

Players: David Beckham, Lionel Messi

If we're choosing cities for the stadiums, I'll have Portsmouth please. NOT S****hampton. :)

The Rose Bowl is in Southampton (West End actually but that's not in the game) so tough :p

I wouldn't put it in Portsmouth anyway, being from Southampton ;):D

I've just holidayed a few seasons with the current database, things that were quite interesting were that a lot of managers sacked in the first season, I think this is because everyone has the same reputation and therefore the same expectations.

I can't comment on the players bit because the draft hasn't been done yet, I don't know whether the players will stay at the clubs or whether the clubs will try and sell them for some cash early on.

Hope my lack of posts doesn't stop me entering (long time lurker, 2nd time poster!)

If not I'll take:

County: Suffolk

Manager: Kevin Keegan :p

Two Players: Bojan (Barcelona) and Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyonnais)

My mortal enemy has revealed himself... :D

Archived