** Scouting **

Well i tried searching the forum for this and came up with no results. I'am currently in year 2014 with leyton orient and i have done well but iam struggling finding new talent.

When i set out scouting assignments i only search a nation. One of my scouts has been with my team for 4 seasons now and his scouting knowledge hasnt improved. I would have thought if you scout a nation(s) over and over again there knowledge of that nation would improve right? ... now they might improve but only very slightly.

So i thought if someone could tell me if there scouting knowledge should improve, and if it should have you got any tips on improving there scouting knowledge ?

Thanks in advance

Scouting knowledge for a nation should improve when scouting a nation. Your scouts status screen will show how long the scouting will take. After that periode he should have full knowledge and return with his results. If you don't re-assign him for the same country his knowledge will drop again, except if that country is a country the scout allready knows because of his nationality.

I know that if a scout has good adaptibility then he will scout a nation faster

If the scout has high determination then he will find more players

But i dont like the idea that i have to continually scout a nation just to retain the knowledge ... i would like to scout other nations but i only have 4 scouts atm =/

scout 'world' you will eventaully get a general knowledge of everywhere, as each country will get scouted 4 times by each of your scouts it may lessen the diminishing knowledge by not scouting it......... having said that, with only 4 scouts you may struggle........

I have 14 scouts on world, and still dont have full knowledge

I may have said that in a way more complicated way than was needed, but hey :D

I prefer to go for more specific scouting than just sending scouts off round the world. Just focus on one nation, one league and scout the hell out of it. Also, do some more manual scouting and assign specific reports on players that look interesting.

If you pick the big international clubs and check their u18s/reserves each year you can often see potential stars of the future.

quick question:

if i dont have any leagues or players loaded from a certain country, should i bother scouting those countries?

it seems i never ever find players in areas like Asia or Africa and im thinking its becuase i havent loaded the leagues or players.

anyone able to clarify?

Cheers

Archived