Requesting extra funds for transfers?

what does the board view as "a return from their investment"?

thats the only message i ever get from them.

Sometimes going into January you're in desparate need for reinforcements, maybe you're a couple of million short, you squeezed as much as you can from the wages, and you see the bank balance is extra extra healthy. But the greedy basts never releases it for transfers!

What is the criteria for them to give you some more funds? In the past as well, I remember winning the league cup as well and still the same message...

what sort of things though? League cups the only thing available before jan, and i'm pretty sure they said the same thing to me loads of times, even if you win the treblethe season before..

say even in the june window (not that its needed in june), they say the same thing if you ask for more even if you're champions.

has it ever worked for you two?

It works frequently for me, unless I ask twice in the same window.

One thing I find affects it is manager reputation - if it's low, forget it; if it's high, they throw money at you. In your case, with trebles etc., you should be getting it, if you haven't already asked.

If you have already brought a number of players and havent won anything then the board haven't seen a return from the investment. The best time to try this is normally just after you take over a club. I normally find boards are more willing to release money just after you take over rather than in January.

Doesnt help you now unfortunatley :(

Something I would like to see is them giving you enough money to sign that one extra player in the Jan window that you need. I have a really hard time holding back in the summer, so when Jan comes around most times I find myself short on cash. It would be nice if we could ask for enough to buy a player.

Once in my Dortmund game I had been working so hard to unsettle Neuer for the better part of a year or so. I saved a pretty penny for the winter market, and made a bid for Neuer which Schalke finally countered but was about 3 million over what I had left for transfers. I couldn't meet their price despite squeezing all I could out of the wages. I tried selling but well, you know how "easy" it is to sell players.

I know these kinds of things happen, but it would nice if I could ask the board for the funds to buy a specific player, rather than just asking for more money in general. Maybe an option on the player transfer screen which allows you to lobby the board for money to purchase the player.

Archived