Who will be the stars of FM2010 :player naming:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In defense of the Arsenal Researcher, it wasn't that they were over-rated. More that they developed physically in the game at an increased level to make their physical abilites equal to that of other teams, (which allowed their significant technical ability to come to the fore). It really wasn't an issue with the way that the players were researched or created, more the way that the game developed their physique rapidly from the start.

Isn't player naming agaisnt GD rules? A decent majority of the stars of FM10 will also be stars in FM09, so.....
As if to illustrate my point, for Purefun's benefit, charlo's post comes along :D

Changed the thread title, if the mods from here don't like it, please close. :thup:

Changed the thread title, if the mods from here don't like it, please close. :thup:

Cheers big ears.

BTW the Arsenal thing, I don't think they are all that overrated, those players have that potential IRL, they are one of the best in the world. The only difference is the style of play in FM works all the time and the style of play IRL works most of the time. :D

Plus, all their players are exactly the type of player that always does well in FM. Stong, great stmaina and fitness, pacey and technically superb. It might not guarantee results irl, but it does in FM.

When we have a whole forum for discussing good players, is there a particular reason why this is in here?

Because this thread is speculating, nay - discussing, about who might be good players in the next version of FM. Once FM is released it'll be appropriate for the Good Players forum.

Because this thread is speculating, nay - discussing, about who might be good players in the next version of FM. Once FM is released it'll be appropriate for the Good Players forum.

I give up.

In a forum full of silly and ridiculous posts, this puts me over the GQ idiocy quota for the day.:D

Leroy Fer will definately be the new surprise :)

Agreed. I am curious whether Vlaar, De Guzman and Wijnaldum are also (still) very promising players.

Feyenoord's rivals, Ajax, starplayer who so far this season is outperforming the rest of their squad, Luis Suarez, should (or I think) will be an interesting prospect/buy for the bigger teams.

Dzeko, Macheda, Wilshere, Santon, Insua , Ireland, Gourcuff, Chamakh, Lennon should all be improved young players with great potential.

Macheda scored one great goal and is suddenly hailed as a player with great potential! Even Ray Houghton scored some screamers every now and then. Macheda is no better than -7, if not a -6!

Macheda scored one great goal and is suddenly hailed as a player with great potential! Even Ray Houghton scored some screamers every now and then. Macheda is no better than -7, if not a -6!

Whilst it's true that you shouldn't get carried away, it's obvious that the kid has bags of potential. More so than a -6 anyway.

The West Ham youth system. Tomkins looks like he has loads of potential, and the CA of Stanislas and Collison needs bumping, they've performed very well. Hernanes of Sao Paulo needs a lift in CA and PA, and a few of the random -9s need to be replaced with new random-9s tokeep it interesting =P

Archived