My biggest issue with newgens

In light of the newgens vs regens thread I had a think about how newgens can be improved.

The biggest issue I found is that the best players in certain positions have very similar stats in everything.

The positions I find this most with are CB and ST.

Too high a percentage of striker's overview's are shaped like this and this.

And too many centre back's are shaped like this and this

I could get loads of more pictures of similar players, but I think you should gather my point from these.

Ok, yes, the overview thing isn't the best way to do it as it ignores some attributes. But even so...

At the beginning of the game there are top class players in CB and ST who have completely different playing styles. (Aguero is very different to Trezeguet, and Ferdinand is different to Vidic, for example). Newgens, in my opinion, don't seem to reflect this.

Instead of adding maintaining and adding variation to the game, which is what newgens are designed to do, it in fact takes it away.

Just my thoughts on my save like. Could be very different in yours though. :thup:

It's probably due to CBs and STs sharing a lot of mental attributes and technical attributes like heading for attacking and defending stats. Here is two screenies for Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is in no way a good defender, overview and stats. As you can see even with 5 marking and 8 tackling he would make a useable League one manager. It is mainly down to the many stats for one general area melding.

Archived