the way we pick the leagues we play in?!?!?

hi there i noticed loads of ppl put there ideas up on here for future fm games and some get taken notice of, but one i have not seen and it really bugs me (hopefully i not alone) is the way we have to choose the leagues at start of game it the only part that i think really needs changing but has not changed since the very first games!!?

at the mo we select the leagues we wanna be able to play in and then were stuck with that all the way thru our save (which i dunno bout u but i find annoying cuz i sometimes change my mind and have 2 start again or i load potential leagues i think i might wanna play and they end up using unnecessary processer power!!?does this haggle anyone else??

what i propose SI shud do and i dont see any reason why it wud not work is that you load only one league at the start of the game and say for example you were man u then a couple of seasons down the line or whatever depending on how well you been doing say barcelona came in for you and offered you the managers job and you accept the game then loads the spanish league up instead of the premier league so there still only one league running!!

this way you only have 1 league running at any one time and you can also end up managing anywhere in the world!!

please any feedback or suggestions wud be appreciated i think they shud look at this one!!! cheers shuff85....:)

i think the issue with this is the amount of data which would have to be stored in order to load the league up, and therefore would have to store data for all leagues, which would slow the game down considerably.

i think a comprimise would be that the leagues you click to "View Only" can be swapped around, but i still think that would slow the game down with extra data, better off running multiple leagues.

but im no programmer so i dont know the ins and outs of it.

1. Stop using text speak.

2. You may not see any reason for it but SI have said its not currently possible, so either accept it or show SI how to program it.

Overly aggressive maybe...?

OP, it is a point that has been looked at by SI and I assume it would be very difficult to implement. I think looking at imaginative ways to run the background leagues would be interesting but again probably very difficult. And take heed of the text-speak warning, some veterens can get a little fired-up by people breaking the forum code of conduct.

cougar2010 grow up and dont throw ur rattle about i was not having any personal dig at anyone so dont get ****y with me!! i did not realise i was using text speak habbit i guess sorry no one perfect!! and im not saying it is easy to do and have not seen that they said they cant do it, (if they did i hold my hands up) i just saying they have a programming team and if there was a way to do it that would be good!!

shuff there have been at least six topics opened since I joined the forums whereby a similar system was proposed, and every time there has been an explanation from SI or a moderator that the idea would be too complicated to code.

Furthermore if you think about it you would be in effect running a 51 nation game, comprising of about 100 leagues, as in order to be allowed to change leagues from season to season, as all the other leagues would have to be run in background to generate the player data, team data, league data, etc. to allow this.

I have run a game where all the nations were selected (default leagues) on a medium database, and it took me over three days to get to 15th (I think) September 2009. Would you be willing to take this kind of effort for one season. I know I wasn't.

In relation to your barracking of Cougar about his response to you, lay off him. He was just stating the (well known) position of SI in relation to this idea. From my history in this community, I have found him to be intelligent, helpful and very friendly, so in all honesty don't get so narky in future please.

shuff there have been at least six topics opened since I joined the forums whereby a similar system was proposed, and every time there has been an explanation from SI or a moderator that the idea would be too complicated to code.

Furthermore if you think about it you would be in effect running a 51 nation game, comprising of about 100 leagues, as in order to be allowed to change leagues from season to season, as all the other leagues would have to be run in background to generate the player data, team data, league data, etc. to allow this.

I have run a game where all the nations were selected (default leagues) on a medium database, and it took me over three days to get to 15th (I think) September 2009. Would you be willing to take this kind of effort for one season. I know I wasn't.

In relation to your barracking of Cougar about his response to you, lay off him. He was just stating the (well known) position of SI in relation to this idea. From my history in this community, I have found him to be intelligent, helpful and very friendly, so in all honesty don't get so narky in future please.

as i said tic for tac really i wont get narky with people as long as they dont have a go at me about something that really is not that serious, it is only a game and im sorry i am new to the forums if you looked at my join date so did not know about the text talk..

I'm not looking to create an argument so this will be my last word on the subject.

I can see how the post comes across a little over the top, it wasn't meant to.

However that said text speak is extremely annoying and shows a lack of respect of other forum users - especially our foreign members who sometimes struggle with English as its not their native tongue.

It is a vey nice idea, I couldn't even imagine on how this will be programmed/coded into the game for reference, the sheer volume of leagues that are run, even if hidden would have to still "run" as in my understanding that they will still run but be kind of 'hidden' to be able to be re-loaded at a later date. When you choose, so regends would be created etc....

So all the stuff, databases, game code will have to run, all in the backround, so it'll go slow all kind of a sudden, really slow. When re-calculating the new databases etc.

Great idea, I couldn't for the life of me begin to fathom on how to code for this scenario.

The way it works is something like this: when you create a new savegame, you are effectively creating a new gaming 'universe'. In our universe, billions of years into it's existence, a new galaxy can't just suddenly appear from nowhere - it has to evolve from the components already existing, following the same laws of science.

In the same way, a new league can't suddenly just appear with no history, no previous interaction with other leagues and competitions and with developed players who previously never existed. 'Ye cannae change the laws of physics', as Scotty would say.

Archived