More Deadline Day excitement?

Hi,

After watching Sky Sprots news is transfer deadline specials for the past years I've noticed as expected a lot of excitement and transfers have taken place on deadline day.

Now on Football Manager, I do know that the clock is extended but to be quite honest it's just another transfer day in Football Manager. Of what I've seen there's hardly anything happening and in The Prem I've seen on average 3-4 transfers happening on Deadline Day in FM.

I believe in FM Deadline Day needs a bit more excitement somehow, or more transfers taking place on Deadline Day.

What does everybody else think?

It would be nice if they could somehow capture it - but its mainly only exciting for us as spectators. Managers often bemoan how choatic and busy it is, they are on the phone all day especially in the premiership and if expected to struggle. I imagine today to be honest, Alex Ferguson hasn't had too busy a day, Phil Brown, Tony Pulis, Owen Coyle etc all been at it incessantly since early this morning.

Since agents aren't tangibly included in the game at the moment, it would be even harder to incorporate unless you had to deal with about 15 interviews on the deadline day.

Sky Sports hype deadline day excessively, only exceptional circumstances have made it interesting. Clubs are much better at securing transfers in FM. I don't think they should be made worse for the sake of SSN's favourite day of the year!

Are these deals done on deadline day though? I mean, are managers waking up and thinking "oh buggeration, I better make that bid for Jimmy, should have done it weeks ago"? Are the deals not sort of done, but just finalised on deadline day?

Agree with OP in that most reasons transfers are left to the last minute is to force clubs into a corner and try to squeeze out as favourable a fee as the can. This can work with the buying and selling club, and happens often. Look at auctions when bidders come in late. Definitely should be included.

Agree with OP in that most reasons transfers are left to the last minute is to force clubs into a corner and try to squeeze out as favourable a fee as the can. This can work with the buying and selling club, and happens often. Look at auctions when bidders come in late. Definitely should be included.

Not quite thee yet but: when you place an offer for somebody on the last day of the transfer period, then the club that owns him will urge the transfer if they are willing t sell, and the whole transfer dealings become like a boxing match :D i love it.

within hours in game time you can finalize transfers which would take 2-3 weeks of constantly negotiating.

My point is that there are some tweaks to the last day

I like it as it is already. As Eles Gergo pointed out, I tend to spend a lot of time negotiating back and forth with the AI clubs and on transfer deadline day, it goes back and forth much quicker like the transfer is being rushed through.

Something a bit different for deadline day might be good, even just a simple set of news updates related to it and maybe increased transfer rumours that day. The media overhype deadline day so much, though. I don't think FM should take too much notice of Sky's ridiculous coverage.

This is a dangerous feature to implement. It must be done very carefully, meaning just making more transfer on the match day may cause unbalance, most teams in real life, plan this accordingly and they eventually wait until the sellers reach desperation point but this may backfire in FM. This will actually make the first 2 months and 29 days more boring if teams keep their ammo for last moments.

For example there is already a poor implementation (in my opinion). When you approach a player who has a week left in his contract; lets say he currently earns 100k a month. He does not accept new offer from his team stating he wants more money, you approach to sign and he wants 200k from you. Then wait until his contract runs out, he leaves club, and apporoach to sign him next day, now the same guy only wants 50k once he is unattached! Of course these numbers are just examples but I have made dozens of transfer with this process. Their demands drop over %50 once they leave their club in one day which would not happen in real life.

Archived