Arsenal Footall Manager

Some extra features included in the Arsenal version:

- Teach your players how to dive

- Press conference options ensure that it is impossible to accept defeat graciously

- Easy draws in the Champions League - guaranteed!

- A special foreigners rule, preventing you from buying too many of those pesky Englishmen

- And finally, as with FM09, don't worry if you're struggling, every player has been massively overrated allowing world domination to be just one click away!

- Press conference options ensure that it is impossible to accept defeat graciously

- A special foreigners rule, preventing you from buying too many of those pesky Englishmen

- And finally, as with FM09, don't worry if you're struggling, every player has been massively overrated allowing world domination to be just one click away!

Tee-hee, this made me chuckle! :)

Surely you would also have no match viewing option- both 2D and 3D would be unavailable because as Arsenal manager you are unable to see any of the main match highlights. Especially if they involve dubious play by your own team... Good old Arsene 'I ain't seen nuffink, alright?!??!' Wenger.

:thup::thup: Now THIS is how to hijack a thread!! :D

Awesome post mate, made my day. :D

Being a Spurs fan I have to agree Arsenal are way over rated. Yeah they're a good side but not that good.

Maybe it's done because of the deal with Arsenal to keep them sweet as you couldn't have Arsenal pay SI to have their own game and do bad on it. :D;)

Are they really overrated? Other than Bendtner, is there anyone in their squad who doesn't deserve the PA they have? Afaic Arsenal just appear overrated because so many of their team have the right attributes to dominate in FM, i.e. excellent physical attributes.

Of course they are way overated, how many times in peoples games do they dominate the Premier League or Champions League for years, so so many threads saying how good they are in the game when reality shows that they aren't THAT good.

Of course they are way overated, how many times in peoples games do they dominate the Premier League or Champions League for years, so so many threads saying how good they are in the game when reality shows that they aren't THAT good.

The players aren't overrated. Their tactical approach is just particularly effective in the 09 match engine. Compare the players attributes and CA/PA to their rival teams; they're 4th best in reality and this is reflected in the game, to simplify things somewhat.

The players aren't overrated. Their tactical approach is just particularly effective in the 09 match engine. Compare the players attributes and CA/PA to their rival teams; they're 4th best in reality and this is reflected in the game, to simplify things somewhat.

Okay fair enough but it doesn't answer why Arsenal are so good in FM09 compared to Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter etc?

Like I said and so many people have experienced Arsenal just dominate 90% of the games we start up and the same goes for in Europe and the only conclusion is they have been beefed up because of the exclusive deal with Arsenal.

Thus with the announcement of Arsenal version of FM10 that means Arsenal may (no proof mind you) will dominate in FM10 as well. If they do then it's not fair that one team is made better than the others when reality says they aren't.

Okay fair enough but it doesn't answer why Arsenal are so good in FM09 compared to Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter etc?

Like I said and so many people have experienced Arsenal just dominate 90% of the games we start up and the same goes for in Europe and the only conclusion is they have been beefed up because of the exclusive deal with Arsenal.

Thus with the announcement of Arsenal version of FM10 that means Arsenal may (no proof mind you) will dominate in FM10 as well. If they do then it's not fair that one team is made better than the others when reality says they aren't.

Dear goodness :D

Go on, find me some places in which Arsenal are over rated? It's mostly style of football and the fact that the players are young. Because the AI is so bad at replacing old players, Arsenal have years with Fabregas, whereas Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes are on the decline.

The only conclusion is not that they are over-rated. That's the only conclusion if you're narrow minded. Arsenal are actually the worst of the four. This announcement does nothing towards whether the ME fixes these flaws.

eduardo is the only player to dive....ever!

all managers are good at accepting defeat, especially fergie!!

arsenal definitely influence cup draws and such, u know with their people in the illuminati

english players are really cheap arent they? i mean vermaelen at 10 million was a rip off compared to lescott at 22!!

the fm match system and developement system had nothing to do with arsenal being overrated!!!

too easy?

all managers are good at accepting defeat, especially fergie!!

arsenal definitely influence cup draws and such, u know with their people in the illuminati

english players are really cheap arent they? i mean vermaelen at 10 million was a rip off compared to lescott at 22!!

the fm match system and developement system had nothing to do with arsenal being overrated!!!

too easy?

I wondered how long it would take before a bitter gooner took my post too seriously.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Love it

Are you kidding me, didn't Eboue or whatever his name is flop to the floor against Man Utd when he passed Evra? He got booked and replays showed Evra didn't as much breathe on him :D

Does seem odd that Arsenal of all teams get their own game though?

You are 2B~~~~~~

Being a Spurs fan I have to agree Arsenal are way over rated. Yeah they're a good side but not that good.

Maybe it's done because of the deal with Arsenal to keep them sweet as you couldn't have Arsenal pay SI to have their own game and do bad on it. :D;)

Agreed. Get Spurs on there next year.

The players aren't overrated. Name me a few players who you think have a seriously unrealsitic PA. The type of player suits Fm and while their tactics may not work as well IRL, they work in FM i.e. the players aren't overrated, but the players coupled with tactical instructions in FM make Arsenal appear overrated.

The players aren't overrated. Name me a few players who you think have a seriously unrealsitic PA. The type of player suits Fm and while their tactics may not work as well IRL, they work in FM i.e. the players aren't overrated, but the players coupled with tactical instructions in FM make Arsenal appear overrated.

But surely the fact that this happens, and that Arsenal dominate alot of game, means they are overrated in some form or another. Doesn't have to mean overrated in PA etc.

But surely the fact that this happens, and that Arsenal dominate alot of game, means they are overrated in some form or another. Doesn't have to mean overrated in PA etc.

Nope, it means they work well with a tactic. With a different tactic, tey don't work so well. That's just unfortunate, not necessarily over-rating them.

Maybe they don't like Arsenal? Either way it's a bit of an inflamatory post, wan't me to make one about your team?

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't take obviously tongue-in-cheek posts by some random person too seriously. For someone who calls themself "thebigman" you are quite a sensitive soul, aren't you?

Feel free to make a post about my team btw, but first i'd advise sorting out that sense of humour deficiency problem you seem to be struggling with.

• SI Staff
Why is their an Arsenal football manager?

Because they asked us, nicely. And the team of people we deal with over there are great to deal with.

...and back on topic...

Is the Arsenal store the only place you can buy this. Will it be available in shops or on other online stores?

It's only available at the Arsenal stores (online and their 5 retail outlets).

I think on play.com they are doing a deal where if u pre-order you can get it in your club colours etc.

They are indeed. Or any colours that you want to use. And a choice of different "managermen".

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't take obviously tongue-in-cheek posts by some random person too seriously. For someone who calls themself "thebigman" you are quite a sensitive soul, aren't you?

Feel free to make a post about my team btw, but first i'd advise sorting out that sense of humour deficiency problem you seem to be struggling with.

If you posted something funny I would've laughed...

Sadly, you failed horribly

Right. I found small Macs post, if not funny, at least a good attempt.

And the reason Arsenal are so dominant on the game is that they have the right stats to dominate the match engine (good technique, generally fast) and we aren't as unlucky with injuries as we are IRL. If you were to change the stats so this wasn't the case then it would be unreaistic and why would SI deliberately put wrong stats in? If MU or another team buy similar players of a similar calibre then they will be as good in FM. they just don't. Its the match engines fault, so dont blame Arsenal.

Archived