This is why I like FM09 sooooo much! :D

Conference League Cup (North) : Round 3

3.11.2009, Gigg Lane, Bury

FC United v Mansfield

FC United, a Conference North outfit was up against Mansfield, Blue Square Premier team in a clash to reach 4th round of Conference League Cup. Odds were against FC United and Mansfield were the clear favourites. Moreover two regulars were missing from FC United side. But I tried to make an upset here.

My formation:

GK
DR   --   DC   --   DC   --   DL

MR   --   MCa  --   MCd  --   ML
	AMC
      ST

Full Time:

7 min: My ML got a chance and he just put it over the bar. :(

42 min: My MCa got another chance to put us in front but Mansfield's DC was right there and he removed the danger with good sliding tackle.

45 min: Mansfield ST got a chance but he put that over the bar. What a scare before half-time.

55 min: Damn! My AMC was playing well but had to go off due to injury.

71 min: Consecutive 3 attacks from Mansfield were saved by my GK. Whew!

90+1 min: Two consecutive attacks from Mansfield and again my GK was having his game of the year. My heart was stopped that time.

Extra Time:

90 min: Substitution done by me. Replaced my 'playing okay' ST with a loanee ST (he is from ManU by the way)

My Team-Talk before ET start: Few 'I have faith' Individual talks and 'Encouragement' to the Team.

outcome?? 8 players were playing 'with confidence'.

97 min: Four consecutive attacks from my attackers. Just couldn't get the goal though. :thup:

105+1 min: Three consecutive corners for FC Utd but no goal. I have last 15 minutes to make an upset.

ET Half-time: Final Sub made, replaced MCd with another MC but now put him in MCa mode.

111 min: Extra time team talk and Subs paid off. My ST (Loanee) scored an amazing goal single-handedly. 1-0 to FC United. But still 9 more minutes to go.

116 min: Subbed MCa put an excellent forward pass which just cut Mansfield defence in two halves. My ST was through ... yes! Goaaaal! 2-0 to FC and we were making the history.

120+1 min: That's it! Final Whistle.

FC United have beaten an upper division team for the first time. What a game.

I love FM09 sooooooooo much. It was intense.

th_FCUTDvMansfield.jpg

Archived