Bit if a moan about 09 - Hope its fixed for 10

I was offered the eastleigh job around November when the club were just outside the relegation zone and about 12 points off a play-off place and a ridiculous amount of points off the top of the league.

The boards expectations for the first few months were that 'they weren't going to judge me on my league performance' or something similar...it stayed like this for a while so i thought cool, make sure we're still in the league this season and then push for promotion next season. Around December/Jan time i then see my job is very insecure and the board are very dissapointed with my performance despite moving up to 13th in the league. Now around 10 points behind play off and 10 points above relegation. The expectation had changed to 'win promotion'. That's ridiculous.

I know people will come on here and say 'oh, you've probably got an ambitious chairman' but lets be honest thats absolute rubbish. This is eastleigh, not Man City.

I do hope this is made more realistic for fm10 as i have now given up on fm09 (along with 08, i have failed to get into the last 2 versions) so what with the next release being promoted as a ''polished' game i hope that these type of things are improved and more realistic as my love for fm (which has naturally decreased over the last year or so) is in danger of dissapearing altogether. I just find it frustrating at times, so much so that i think 'whats the point'.

Sad but true!

09 has been uninstalled and i will wait for the 10 demo before deciding whether to place my order.

Rant over...

:)

I think it was the most satisfying game they have produced.

A combination of enough detailed realism and everything you needed in terms of a cracking ME (their best to date IMO), yes it had bugs but they weren't game ruining, spot on board confidence and enough detail in board confidence without going in to player signings etc, I couldn't care less if the fans think a signing is good! They don't know why I signed him! (board confidence has only got worse in the last two versions), A simple transfer system and player valuations and simple player interaction which you could manage as the player feedback wasn't that heavy.

No daft things like press conferences which are ridiculous IMO and slow the game down. The 2D ME was fast and looked realistic, now it is slow and every pass/shot looks like it is going over!

I could go on and on and on lol...

I'm playing as Hyde Utd in the first season, and I managed to get to the second round of the FA cup (after eliminating MK Dons on penaltys away!). This time I got Reading away, who was struggling in the Championship. They were 20th when I got them, but by the time of the game they were already in 13th.

Considering I'm 5 divisions below them, I think it's only natural to assume that they were going to win. The question was by how many.

The first thing I would assume they would do - the game was in between league games - was to put in their 2nd, or even 3rd team in. That would help me somewhat, but the outcome would be almost identicall.

They did not.

You might say that "they wanted to win for sure" or "they wanted they're best players to get get rythim or morale or something for that matter", but the truth is that they were getting better in the league, they had a game 3 days before and we're playing another a few days after.

But belive me, this is not the problem - although very irritanting to see.

The problem is that, after losing 8-0 and having something like 30 shots against 5, I go to my confidence panel for the last game and see that the meter is at 0%!!!!!! 0!!!!!! What the hell!?! It's goddam Reading!!!!! And their first team!!!!!

Neadless to say that I haven't played the game again, and don't know if I'm going to anymore... Sadly, since it was going great.

This kind of issues is exactly what I hope and expect to be sorted in the "polishing" version FM10 :):thup:

Getting rid of all these little annoyances will improve the game way more than introducing some new feature like the press conferences last time, manager mind games some years ago or comparable stuff.

Archived