Data Editor in FM10

hi,I'm japanese playing FM in japan.

and my friends will make J-league in FM10 and i want to know how far can we go with that editor.

-can we make reputations for leagues?(not gonna be fun if C.Ronaldo comes to japan... it's too unrealistic!)

- can we make cups like carling cup?

- if we make J-league, can they join able to be attend in ACL (Asian Champions League)?

If you know some information about the data editor, please talk about it here!

make this a topic for data editor in FM10...

thank you!

hi,I'm japanese playing FM in japan.

and my friends will make J-league in FM10 and i want to know how far can we go with that editor.

-can we make reputations for leagues?(not gonna be fun if C.Ronaldo comes to japan... it's too unrealistic!)

- can we make cups like carling cup?

- if we make J-league, can they join able to be attend in ACL (Asian Champions League)?

If you know some information about the data editor, please talk about it here!

make this a topic for data editor in FM10...

thank you!

1) You can already edit competition reputations in the FM09 editor so I would be pretty certain that you would be able and I think the leagues are already in the database anyway in the FM09 editor.

2) I would imagine you will be able.

3) Pretty sure they will as they already do in FM09 anyway

i've one more question...

when we are making players, there are charasteric page (forgot the exact name)

ex. professionalism, controversy etc...

and i know most of them are higher the better

but controversy, dirtyness, and injury pronenes are lower the better.

and my mates and i are talking about "temperament" which could be taken either way.

is higher the calmer or higher the more aggresive?

• 2 weeks later...

i've got another question reading the article on the blog

it says

"Also, rather than having to save out each database as a huge file, it only saves the changes that have been made to the data, meaning that database updates and newly created leagues are going to be much smaller files than people have been used to downloading. This also allows you to download and run multiple new competition"

is this means we can download separate datas and convert it into one big database?

ex. if i made J-league data and i found some english lower division data and i download that file and drop it into database folder and i can play both j-league and lower division in the same game?

if that's possible, then we don't have to make database each time after new patches are released...

Regarding your last question i am pretty sure that yes when you download some data that is different from your database it will merge the 2 making the changes that you have downloaded. I am no expert though so maybe someone with a bit mor knowledge can confirm it or explain it better.

If a lower division is added or a league created, FM will create XML files to store this configuration. These XML files should be relatively small, and you will be able to download and add them to your own files. They will simply work with the existing default database to configure your game.

So, yes, if you create the J-League, you would be able to download an XML file for the English lower divisions and add that to your files. So when you create a new saved game, you would be able to play both J-League and the English lower divisions.

The new editor will eliminate the need to download databases if you're simply looking for more leagues to play.

i've got another question reading the article on the blog

it says

"Also, rather than having to save out each database as a huge file, it only saves the changes that have been made to the data, meaning that database updates and newly created leagues are going to be much smaller files than people have been used to downloading. This also allows you to download and run multiple new competition"

is this means we can download separate datas and convert it into one big database?

ex. if i made J-league data and i found some english lower division data and i download that file and drop it into database folder and i can play both j-league and lower division in the same game?

if that's possible, then we don't have to make database each time after new patches are released...

Probably best to ask that in the blog thread that it was mentioned in. I think you'll get a quicker, more definite answer from Miles or one of the SI staff there.

Archived