U20 International friendlies

I have a question..

Can i block a player that is being called to play a maningless u20 international friendly , from leaving my team?

I noticed that my young player got called them during the timespan when i was suppose to play a very meaningful cup game.

I always go on holyday in-between game , so i dont know whether i'm suppose to get a message asking me whether i'd like to block him or let him participate in the friendly U20 game.

when do i get send the message to block or let them go?/...How many days before the international match??..Is it 2 days , 3 days?

The reason i asked is because i always go on holiday in between game to speed up processing so i need to know when the message will be sent to me.

Dunno exactly. But it's more than a few days. Sometimes more than a week.

Beware : some "friendly games" are "official", and you might not be able to block players.

And right now on FM09 there seems to be a serious problem with Youth Internationals being allowed to be away for matches, my current first XI has 7 players under 23 and they were all missing for Olympic Qualifiers when I played the Cup Quarter-Final in Portugal, this meant I lost the game using reserves, but it seems a bit of a joke that 7 of 11 players are out and the game is still scheduled...

i've decided to add in another manager to manage the U.S international squad , but it wont let me control the U20 team....does anyone know whether you can control the U20 and pick players?

Fire the U20 manager from the staff overview, the game won't allow you to manage youth international squads if there's someone in the relevant role.

The option to block players is in the news item that tells you who has been called up to their international teams. There's a button in the bottom right corner of the news item that says "Set Friendly Instructions". This will give you a list of players whose teams are playing in 'meaningless' friendlies. This news usually comes through 6 days before the senior international teams are scheduled to play (so it's probably best not to holiday that week before an international break if you want to pull someone out of the squad).

• 2 months later...

Archived