Suggestion - Improving 'Next Opposition' Reports

I'd like to see an option where I can tell the scout that compiles the 'Next Opposition' reports to add a list of players within the opposition squad that fall into a certain category.

For example I like to tell my players to 'go in hard' on opposition players with low bravery attributes. I would find it really beneficial to be able to say to my scout 'Go and get me reports on my next opposition, and make sure you include a list of players whose bravery is 10 or lower'.

I figure this could be set using drop down boxes, one for the attribute you want to search, on for the attribute score and one for whether you want the list of players to include more or less than the attribute score.

eg Players with 'higher/lower' than 'x' in 'bravery/creativity' etc.

I personally would like it to bypass the attribute masking too. Currently I have to look at the opposition squad every matchday and filter the attributes, but some of the attributes I can't see because I haven't scouted the player. This option would be like saying to the scout 'I don't need a full report on every player but I need these few things'.

I feel this would make an excellent addition in terms of being able to pinpoint weakness and strengths in opposition teams and players and allow us easier adjustment of tactics and OI to counter these strengths and weaknesses.

Thoughts people?

Good idea, I would settle though for a full list of what Ass Man advice actually translates as, eg in match "missing too many easy passes" apparantly means reduce tempo -maybe I am stupid but I only realised that from the work of other Posters, it wasnt that clear to me, and this is just one of many pieces of "advice" that I dont understand but the Ass Man advise seems really important to me. I want to understand more.

You can, only when you're starting a new game though.
But he wants attribute masking on for when he looks for new signings.

I like to have attribute masking on for signings but I dont feel its unrealistic to then know what bravery would be for the players I'm about to face as I've had the team watched.

Good idea, I would settle though for a full list of what Ass Man advice actually translates as, eg in match "missing too many easy passes" apparantly means reduce tempo -maybe I am stupid but I only realised that from the work of other Posters, it wasnt that clear to me, and this is just one of many pieces of "advice" that I dont understand but the Ass Man advise seems really important to me. I want to understand more.

This would also be beneficial althouh it isn't directly what I was considering.

yeah seems like a good idea, although since your scouts only watch their previous game any player who didn't play in that game should probably still have their attributes hidden.

Also substitutes should probably have some attributes hidden as well since the scout probably wouldn't find out enough about them.

It wouldn't be that hard to add that to the Filter box when you're setting up the assignments I wouldn't think. Would be a great addition too. Would love for my scouts to be able to list the slower/faster players in the opposition team so I could decide whether I need to play the pacy player or the strong/technical player.

yeah seems like a good idea, although since your scouts only watch their previous game any player who didn't play in that game should probably still have their attributes hidden.

Also substitutes should probably have some attributes hidden as well since the scout probably wouldn't find out enough about them.

I'd go along with that. Only attributes in the areas requested for players who played say more than 10 minutes in the last match are visible.

this isnt the opposition report but the OI instructions in FML

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/alankelso08/oi.jpg

Was that what you had in mind?

Yes and no. Yes it would be great to be able to see the opposition players attributes by selecting them like that but only if the attibute (in this case bravery) isnt masked, which often it is on my games due to a player not having been scouted. By telling the 'Next Opposition' scout to unmasked them (or the bravery stat for everyone who played more than 10 minutes in the last game) I would be able to easier set the OI I want.

That is only because its FML- all players are available and unmasked but I assume in FM10 with player masking on (if the screen is like this of course) that you will just see a line instead of number beside the attribute.

Absolutely but on the basis I've had the last match scouted I'd like to see the figures for the attribute I preselected. I dont want full reports, just unmask this figure.

Yeah, I suppose. Years ago- scouting next opposition basicaly consisted of watching their last match but now, with the internet, I would guess that it also consist of sky sports' website and other fansites to spot player strength/weaknesses.

Archived