Help trying to run CM 99/00 and 01/02

I'm trying to reinstall one of the older games for a change as I don't fancy getting stuck into another FM09 game with FM10 coming.

After installing either game (CM99/00 or CM01/02) the application won't be boot as a result of a problem with the .exe file. After installation it says something about ensuring Direct X is installed (it is) so I don't know what the problem is?

Is this a frequent problem when running the older games on newer machines or ?

Any help?!

I'm trying to reinstall one of the older games for a change as I don't fancy getting stuck into another FM09 game with FM10 coming.

After installing either game (CM99/00 or CM01/02) the application won't be boot as a result of a problem with the .exe file. After installation it says something about ensuring Direct X is installed (it is) so I don't know what the problem is?

Is this a frequent problem when running the older games on newer machines or ?

Any help?!

Isn't this down to the fact the games were pre modern versions of Windows (dos based) or is that the older versions such as CM2? I remeber trying to install some of the older games for nostalgic purposes only for them not to work and only thing I could put it down to was that they weren't XP (or whatever was before that) compatible

I could of course be completely wrong ;-)

Sorry guys, I was a bit vague posting the original message.

Here's the problem-

It installs as normal but as it completes the installation process it brings up the Readme file. Once I cross that off, an information box appears saying 'Ensure that you have Service Pack 3 installed on your system as CM01/02 requires Direct X'

I have made sure that the most recent Direct X is installed and as my machine is made within the last four years, it should be able to cope with CM01/02 without much problem.

When I then go on to boot the game I get-

CM01/02.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I'm really keen to play CM01/02 this weekend and am desperate for some help!!

What operating system are you using?

To enable compatability mode right click on the CM shortcut and click properties. In window that pops up, click the 'compatability' tab. You should have several operating systems listed in a drop down box. Try running it in one of those, or all them them, one at a time if that doesn't work :D

Archived