FM 10 idea

I was thinkin about this the other day there are loads of data bases out there were people have added legends

I think it would be a good idea if you could play from any year you wanted and the game just adds players in from what year they were born

eg

you star a game in 1990

you have the 1990 squad but as time goes on the game adds real players who joined through the youth sqaud

I think most people would like this, but it's been suggested many times and SI have always said it won't happen.

You also won't get the year reversed because of all the knock-on bugs that the rules would generate. They have enough trouble getting the current rules around the world right without looking up the older ones, then implementing all the changes along the way. Starting in 2001, for example, would see at least three changes over the next 8 years to European contests, let alone the individual leagues. The game would simply be huge.

Sorry to sound negative, I'd love it - LOVE it - if they could do this, but it's sadly not practical. We're stuck with the custom ones.

Archived