Bad run

How can you turn around a bad run of form. I'm Queens Park and haven't won in 6 and desperately need a win. Best thing to do? I've changed my formation from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 with slow tempo. Anything else?

I had a bad run for 9 games without a win so I changed to ultra defensive and selected counter attack option. Using a 4-4-2 formation but having the left & right midfielders as two winger as AML and AMR and pushing forward. I then went on an unbeaten run of 12 games.

Depends what you have tried doing before.

I would probably suggest a mix of things.

1. Drop your SC's to the Reserves and play a friendly against your U18's. This should see them in the goals again and give them both a morale and a form boost.

2. Change the style of play, (either length of passing or attacking down flanks/middle.

3. Look at your set-piece instructions and check that everything is how you want it and is not up to date.

4. Check that your tactics haven't been tweaked during matches and that your current tactic is what you want it to be.

5. Consider resting/dropping/rotating players. If you think you have players of a similar ability in the Reserves/U18's then give them a go. They are likely to be in better form/morale and might make the difference.

6. Are you using a TM/PM? Are you using the correct player? Is he iffective in that role?

7. Look at your defensive line. Are you defending too high up the pitch with slow defenders or are you defending deep with short defenders.

8. Is your GK the problem? Look again at him and decide if you have another keeper sho can do better.

9. Is your poor run because of a lack of scoring goals or a lack of scoring them yourself.

There are loads of things that can cause problems. You just need to take your time and think carefully and decide which reasons are applicable to you, (it is likely to me multiple reasons, not just one). Then you need to try and sort them 1 by 1.

Archived