Your biggest defeat

While waiting for FM2010 I started a new game as Liverpool manager. Everything was going ok until I met Arsenal in the league. Got thumped 7-1!!! Think I am gonna get sacked soon. Near the end of the season and I am currently sixth.

hah, that's great! Although it is glitchy... There were a few times I thought I saw balls getting cleared by invisible defenders or something. Maybe I'm crazy cos I just watched it really quickly in 2d.

And it definitely could have been much worse. 2 - 0 after 15 minutes, that's pretty impressive considering you had some 9% of the players they did :D

im shocked you had 32% possession :eek:

Haha, that stupid glitch happened to me too, against Man Utd, the champions...

And also, this:

picture167.png

Accrington built a dream team that went all the way up to 3rd in the prem in the next 5 years, and this wasn't actually their biggest win of the season, so I am actually perversely proud of myself.

That's pretty impressive your one player had 32% possession as well.

and they got one player injured :) hahaha. this match must be a Lincoln vs Bournemouth Ghosts. shame for Lincolns.

the worst I remember was a 6-1 lost after 1-1 half time. I was stupid enough to think their defenders are too slow and switching to more attacking game in second half (I was away) would hit them and I was planning to defend after scoring second, well that never happened, more they scored more I attacked, more I attacked more they score. Suprisingly stats were almost identical, only difference is their keeper saved my shots, my keeper only picked them from net.

All of my teams are reliant on an organised defence, which doesn't leak too many goals, so I haven't been "tore a new one" too often. I recall my worst defeat being when I took over as manager of foot of the table Portsmouth in FM 2008. High-flying Arsenal came from behind to win 4-1 at Fratton Park, but it wasn't something to be too embarrased about in my opinion.

On FM08 i organised a couple of friendlies to bring in some cash to my lowly club. Set the dates far away so i had the chance to actually buy some players. Needless to say i hadnt bought anyone in and got stuffed by Ajax (think the score was 31-0.) woulnt have been so bad if it wasnt ajax Cape town..;(

• 2 weeks later...

Byåsen - Lyn 1-6.

It was the first friendly of the season, when I was testing the water for my side, which was newly promoted in Premier Division. Let's say it wasn't a very promising start.

Incidentally, that happened just a few weeks before the release of FM09, so that season never started in the end ;)

Some more recent and influential losses are a 5-2 at Anfield (as Rosenborg), and the infamous 4-2 away at Modum FK (as Rosenborg again) in Cup's 4th round.

Archived