Successful Corner Techniques

If you don't mind cheating set the corner to "6 yard box" and your best header to "challenge keeper", goals galore!

(it's not technically cheating, it's exploiting the match engine)

This :o

Defender's end up being your top scorers:thup:

The essence of every good strategy is to take advantage of your opponents flaws, so it is not cheating. Just good strategy.

The corner bug is not taking advantage of your opponents flaws, it's taking advantage of the match engine flaws.

So if this is cheating, (I am not saying it is or isn't), then what happens when the AI scores a goal from a corner with a big player challenging the GK?

Is the AI cheating?

SI disabled the ability of the AI to use the cheat setup in one of the patches.

I have my corners set to mixed, with two centre-backs stood on either post (one 'near post flick ons', one 'stand on far post', I think) and the rest just set to 'go forward', except for the two full-backs who stay back. With a decent corner taker, my team's usually in the top 5 or 6 in terms of goals scored from corners (most of which are from the centre-backs), but nothing crazy.

My mate says if you set your two CBs and your stiker with the best heading to attack the near post, a player with average heading to attack the far post, aim corners to the far post. This will results in your best headers dragging their best headers of the ball away from the goal the resulting corner will give the person on the far post a decent chance of scoring, even if their heading isnt the best they will be against a defending player who isnt that good either. He says he scores around 15-20 goals a season using this although I have never tried it.

My mate says if you set your two CBs and your stiker with the best heading to attack the near post, a player with average heading to attack the far post, aim corners to the far post. This will results in your best headers dragging their best headers of the ball away from the goal the resulting corner will give the person on the far post a decent chance of scoring, even if their heading isnt the best they will be against a defending player who isnt that good either. He says he scores around 15-20 goals a season using this although I have never tried it.

This is what I've doing with Chesterfield past couple of seasons now and it seems to be working.

I'm not scoring as many but that's probably because I don't have enough quality in my team.

yeah i thought the corner bug is fixed in the latest patch?

i do set my corner to mixed and tallest player to challenge keeper and he does score a fair few goals from it. but he's one of the best in the game in the air (eugene sully) so i dont know if the bug is still there or if he's just really good in the air.

Is it my imagination or has the "corner bug" been marginalised in 9.03?
yeah i thought the corner bug is fixed in the latest patch?

i do set my corner to mixed and tallest player to challenge keeper and he does score a fair few goals from it. but he's one of the best in the game in the air (eugene sully) so i dont know if the bug is still there or if he's just really good in the air.

yeah I am slightly confused this has been a bug I was aware of years ago but never realised it was back again. Why is it proving so difficult to fix? mmm...

Who says the AI can make instant tactical changes?

It is an opinion I read many times elsewhere in the Forums. It seems they make instant changes, though that may be a perception as the human manager knows when he issues the instruction but sees it has delayed effect. With the AI you just see the change "happen", no warning of its instruction being issued. However, If I concede and instantly make a formation change (eg 424 from 442 if going behind late on) my change happens not on kick off but the next time the ball goes out of play or posibly later than that (it SEEMS I cannot implement a change if I have an attacking set piece !?!?!). The AI change though is actually from kick off - or is this just a misunderstanding on my part?

Archived