XML parsing error

Morning All,

Loaded FM09 this morning and got xml parsing errors. I have followed links on how to fix, removed settings in hidden folders options and i am now able to load the game, however i cant load any saved games. Is this normal? Also i tried to follow diff instructons about adding --reset_preferences but in my targets folder it says "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10540 at the moment, is this what it should say as the advice on the forums was saying it should say "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" followed by the --reset_preferences. When i type this in it says its not a valid path?

Any help much appreciated.

Hi, thanks for advice but as i said i have tried the advice from the FAQ's as you have pasted above. However my target doesnt say what you say it should and i cant find the fm.exe in the common folder in steam. I have followed the advice but mine doesnt seem to match up. If you read my post it tells you what mine says, i dont know if this is right though. I have tried copying the link into the target but it doesnt like it. Also i have done the settings advice and the game loads fine but i cnat get my last game to load. I need to know if can retrieve it or if i have lost it forever.

This is the where the game is actually installed, so you should try putting this as target:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Hi, thanks that has worked, however i still cant load the last game i saved. When i saved it las night, my pc shut down just as it finished(dodgy power cable), do you think this is why i cant reload it?

Archived