Creating a completely realistic game?

Whether its a good or a bad thing. I strive for perfection and realisticness (don't think that's a word but oh well) with my games. So in preparation for FM2010 I would like to gather opinions how the game can be made as realistic as possible.

Obviously there's the obvious making any transfers, changes after the window etc. But i'm talking about more in-game things. So far I have thought of things like disabling budgets etc but even that has its problems because as a manager you should always be able to bring in staff but without a budget you can only do free staff.

So does anybody have any other ideas about making realistic games?

1) Do not use any save-game editors, scouting tools.

2) check 'Attribute masking', un-check 'no add key stuff', 'select transfer budget at start'.

3) use 'Sunday League Player' as past experience and start as 'unemployed'.

4) do not use any downloaded, pre-defined tactics and training regimes.

basically use LLM rules. read LLM forum for detail.

Well I will probably start as Chelsea so the unemployed bit won't be in. However the past experience i could use sunday league footballer. Has anybody ever used Sunday league footballer for a big team? how hard is it? The only use FMRTE once at the start of the game to make myself 18. I create my own tactics but i do download training regimes but next year I might give it a go myself.

Well I will probably start as Chelsea so the unemployed bit won't be in. However the past experience i could use sunday league footballer. Has anybody ever used Sunday league footballer for a big team? how hard is it? The only use FMRTE once at the start of the game to make myself 18. I create my own tactics but i do download training regimes but next year I might give it a go myself.

Some of the bigger players aren't going to be motivated enough to play for you.

I tried that with Liverpool and got that with Torres. I found that it didn't matter because he kept on playing really well most of the time.

That's the toss up I have. I usually go for a professional reputation because I dont want international where I am already continental because that's unrealistic. Is it unrealistic that players at a big club wouldn't be motivated by the manager the board chose, yes it is. With professional reputation I like the fact big clubs still want you but your reputation is still national. Does anybody know how long it takes to build up reputation, e.g. how long would it take, what would I have to win etc, to go from national to world class. I don't want to be a world class manager after one year winning the PL.

You wouldn't be World Class after winning the PL. The World Cup basically guarantees that you will though.

It's quite hard to tell. Maybe somebody has done testing into it? There's an Eastern European/Russian FM fan site that has done lots of testing into hidden attributes, maybe a Google could help you?

Whether its a good or a bad thing. I strive for perfection and realisticness (don't think that's a word but oh well) with my games. So in preparation for FM2010 I would like to gather opinions how the game can be made as realistic as possible.

Obviously there's the obvious making any transfers, changes after the window etc. But i'm talking about more in-game things. So far I have thought of things like disabling budgets etc but even that has its problems because as a manager you should always be able to bring in staff but without a budget you can only do free staff.

So does anybody have any other ideas about making realistic games?

Definitions of realisticness on the Web:

* The quality of being realistic

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/realisticness

Google says its a real word :D

I love the irony in the first sentence by the OP :)

As mentioned above, the LLM threads do tend to have a good outline on what makes the game as realistic as possible. It depends on interpretation though, I mean I can only truly speak from a Stoke perspective but last august, we still had money to spend - so still having money to spend in the first window is not unreasonable (we then went on to buy Beattie and Etherington in January) but then West Brom also still had money on it, despite their board saying they had no money.

Removing the staff or keeping them - thats 50/50 either way, some clubs you have to keep the staff you're given other clubs will let you sack them all and replace.

The only thing I can say is perhaps, do a bit of research on the club you intend to play as.

To be fair, Stoke and West Brom aren't LLM. Also, if the OP is striving for realism (that's the word you're looking for ;) Whoever put on Wikipedia/Google that "realistcness" is a real word needs to go back to school!) and the perfect game, then starting with Chelsea as your first club will never be a realistic game. Start lower league - and I mean proper lower league, Blue Square North or South - automatic reputation and work your way up. That's as real as it'll get.

Wasn't Gianluca Vialli's first managerial job at Chelsea? And Alan Shearer's at Newcastle, which sort of gives you the idea of the calibre of player you'd need for a realistic experience starting at a top-level club in England.

Maximum realism is not quite the same as LLM: there are a number of things that are forbidden under LLM rules but are nevertheless done in the name of realism: creating and using a database with top Japanese league players, for starters.

To be fair, Stoke and West Brom aren't LLM. Also, if the OP is striving for realism (that's the word you're looking for ;) Whoever put on Wikipedia/Google that "realistcness" is a real word needs to go back to school!) and the perfect game, then starting with Chelsea as your first club will never be a realistic game. Start lower league - and I mean proper lower league, Blue Square North or South - automatic reputation and work your way up. That's as real as it'll get.

The OP never said they were actually after LLM realism either, or any level of football for that matter either lol. The point was a fairly valid one I feel I made, each club is in unique circumstances and depending upon which club you want to take charge of, if you want a true feel for them do a bit of reading up about them.

No i wasn't looking at LLM management. I didn't make it very clear which is my fault. If i intend to be Chelsea (which my main games are), then what is the most realistic way I could set it up. That is what I meant.

Archived