easiest league

Shakhtar/Dinamo in the Ukranian premier league. They are miles ahead of the opposition, have decent foreigner rules, and there are some very good players available cheap from the other clubs.

I agree with this, Shakhtar would be a the best one to pick.

Newcastle. Mike Ashley is a very patient man. With Managers and about deciding on whether or not he wants to keep the club

I've heard that Newcastle they lose a lot of money because of high wages when playing in Championship. Basically it is only the first season, but still.. Is it true..? Or if I decide to pick Newcastle should I just ignore the losses during first season and rely on big money that will be given when playing in PL..?

Well in FM09 they are in the Premier League and more than likely in the game the club wont get relegated so you wont have to worry about The Championship in 09. But in 2010 you might have to reduce wages in order to make a success

They might have downloaded an update with all the promotions and relegations already done.

I think if you are doing testing it is much better to pick a team who are between safe-mid table and battling relegation because then the expectations are not so high and if you have a patient Chairman as well you shan't be sacked, try a big European countries smaller leagues. So Spain's Liga Adelante, Portugal's Liga Vitalis or somewhere similar level and pick one of the teams expected near the bottom.

Ok suggesting top teams for an "easy" test is stupid. If he is testing things out and fails with a top team he will be fired pretty damn quickly. If you want to avoid being fired I still say pick a safe mid-table team and go for the lowest possible board expectations then if you are starting to fail the board is sorta forgiving. If you choose a top team in any of the top leagues to 'test' with you will be fired.

If your testing a new tactic then you need a middle of the road team, no point choosing Shakthar like others have said, you could win the league with Shakthar literally doing nothing.

I would go for a team like Middlesboro', not expected to do much (if stil playing with an unedited db), and Gibson is about a patient a chairman as you will get in England.

The best pick is probably an upper-mid table team in a relatively uneven league.

It'd be no use picking, e.g. Celtic or Shakhtar, as you could probably win DESPITE a bad tactic. Just as it'd make little difference what tactic you're using if you're managing a bunch of modest Lower League players.

I would take a look in France, Monaco or Rennes could work fine. Italy too, but there the chairmen aren't that much patient... probably Sampdoria or Atalanta are quite safe picks

I think Australia is the easiest league. the rules take people from outside australia a bit to get used to but there are only 8 teams, most teams have low expectations and because of a salary cap all the teams are fairly even in regards to squad strength

Archived