Another laptop question?

Sorry to have to ask as i no these questions have been asked loads of times. Im wanting to get a laptop to play 09 and of course 10 when it's out and have managed to save about £500 pound which has been a tough job with me only being 16. I've looked around and found a laptop in the sale but want to no whether i'll be able to play the 3D match engine as so far this year i have been having to watch it in 2D as my computer coudnt handle it. And i no the specs arnt out yet for 2010 but does anyone have any rough ideas whether it will play it. The laptop is

-Acer Aspire 5536g

-Processor-AMD Turion RM mobile processor RM-74

-4GB RAM

-Hard Drive- 320 GB

-Graphics- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

-Price- £470

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Assuming you want to stay under £500 take a peek at this

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400

(2 GHz, 800 MHz, 2 MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

4GB Memory

320GB Hard Drive

I'd aim for the Core 2 Duo's of at least 2GB. I'm running a T9300 in mine at present handles FM brilliantly, so I think you should aim for dual core at at least 2GB.

A processor with a 4MB or 6MB cache would be even better, but again it drives the cost up. example

looks pretty good. Is an intel core 2 duo processor better than the AMD Turion RM mobile processor RM-74 i listed at first because that one is listed as 2.2GHz and also a duo core??? thanks for the help as i arnt really good with computers

Yes mate... that's a cracking find!!

I'm glad you had a look around, I'm a bit stretched for time and couldn't sit down and search.

If you can stretch the extra £50 that should do well. 1GB of Graphics Memory + 4GB of RAM is well tidy, and that T6400 will run FM nicely.

Battery life almost irrelevant if intending to use FM extensively.

The power saving features designed to make the battery last longer are all very anti-FM, you'll be running it in high performance mode most of the time, and for that you'll likely plug it in anyway.

Also, the integrated GM45 graphics chipset is never gonna like FM09, never mind 10. IIRC, integrated chipsets were a nightmare when FM09 was rolled out.

You should happily get 10-14 leagues out of that on a large database I reckon. It's hard to tell as speed is subjective to the individual.

I'm running 28 leagues from 17 nations on my laptop... that's with 4GB of RAM, 256MB Graphics, and a T9300 2x2.5Ghz CPU. Sure, my desktop is faster, but the laptop holds its own.

Archived